Necron Opponent - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necron Opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recently faced a necron player and had great trouble with them, it was a cleanse and a number of my units were wiped out including my EC thanks to the flayed ones regenerating. i won in the end for i contested his quarter and held two of my own. my termies were wiped out after killing three wraiths and my chaplain/command squad beat all trhe pariahs anda 5 man shooter squad killed two destroyers but my army was devestated. Any other mission and i would have been slaughtered. Any tactics for my army?

i have

High marshal
    /termie armour
    /termies

chaplain
    /command squad

EC

land speeder wiv multi-melta

5 man shootersquad wiv 1 heavy bolter

5 man shooter squad wiv m.launcher

Inquisitor
    /2 servo skulls
    /sage
    /hierophant
    /scourging, holocaust, hammerhand

5 I stormtroopers.

He has:

necron lord
    /regeneration orb

2 necron squads

2 necron heavy destroyers

4 flayed ones

3 wraiths.

5 pariahs

any help whatsoever from all types of experienced or not so experienced players would be greatly appreciated. i wont be so lucky next sundaywithout your advice and wise guidance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK I regualrly face my step sons Necrons with both SoB and Nilla Marines,
    The following work:

1. Plamsa Cannon, (get em while they are hot) - usually in devestator squads
    2. other plasma weapons
    3. power weapons
    4. Faith (oops - dont suppose that helps you)

But the real crux of beating necrons is not about what you use but tactics.

Necrons have a great big weakness - phase out

You dont have to kill the whole army, and you certainly dont have to kill things that dont impact phase out. focus on which of his units contribute to phase out, hen destroy them starting at the weakest. concentrate your fire because if you can destroy a unit entirely - they WONT be back

Use things like snipers and whirlwinds to pin units you dont have to kill or dont want to (wraiths for example)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes thats what i initially thought but with that regeneration orb near by and the lords invulnerable save to help them i find it very hard to wipe units out especially since im on a 1500pts budget! Oh and what are vanilla marines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What may I ask is a High Marshall in 40K, I know its a High Rank in the Military these days but is it some kind of Black Templers Spec Charecter? If you could post the stats it would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a chaplain with three wounds and no equipment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK I play nilla marines so most of my comments come from there

Playing against my step sons necrons is why I have a dev squad with 4 plasma cannon (mwaha mwaha)

According to your list he only has one lord, but has 2 squads of necrons, a squad of wraiths and a squad of parriahs, only one of these will benefit from his Lords Res orb, hit the others, he will probably be tempted to put the lord with the Pariahs, this is a mistake cause you can hit the other stuff and get him to phase out without even targeting them
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do u take a command squad they are a waste of time in black templars your better off taking more regular guys for cheaper IMO

and for whats is a high marshel it is not a chaplain with 3 wounds and no equipment well it technicly is but thats a bluddy silly way of putin it its the black templar equivelent to a force commander

oh to be super devastating take a vindicator it wouls eat any unit that doesent have the res orb to help it up

BTW does usin storm troopers in the army work well i was concidering allying some in but wasnt sure if it was worth it
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, they are cheap stormtroopers, and your wrong bout command squads, you can have 2 assault weapons in the same unit, perfect for templars on the charge, not to mention apothecaries, techmarines, veteran sergeants etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what if theres extra assult weapons your paying 30 more points for a ten man squad it not like ya can giv the squad terminator honours either so it just dont seen worth it unless your in a high point game and you give the techie, apothocarie and standard bearer all powerweapons and stuff

veteran sergeants?? umm ok since black templars cant have vteren sergeants and all
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah you can, read the codex armageddon and on the list at the top it says u are allowed it in the command squad, ooo im good&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast