We Dont Need Popularity - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we have been wondering why the Sisters of batttle are so un-popular, but what I have been wondering is if we would even want to play them then. I cant start a poll, but maybe some one else can, Would Currunt sisters of battle players continue to play the sisters of battle if they became a popular army? Does any one play the sisters of battle BECAUSE it is an un-popular army? I know I like that fealing I get, when I have a well painted army that is also a change from the millions of space marines armies that I will be facing. On the other hand, finding fluf, battle reports, and art is very difficult, sometimes making them hard to play. Hard to play, only because there isn't the vast reserve of knowledge about my army to pull aid from. What about every one else? does any one like playing an unpopular army, for the sheer pleasure of doing so?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Actually come to think of it, I do love that shrill feeling of opening my games case to an unsuspecting oponent who looks confussed at the sight of sisters. Although it still would be nice to have some more official fluff and more models, but I do think that one of the aspects that brought me into the sisters was the fact that their so unusual. Good point there shiver!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't exactly play SOB yet; I'm building an army in anticipation of Witchhunters. I'm drawn to them for the same reason I now play Dark Eldar: everyone says you can't win with them. I mean, what's the fun winning a game with Smurfs? So what. But when you win with an army with SOB, well, that's something to be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Battle was actually my first choice for an Army. I loved the Retributor models, and I really liked their purifying Immolator. I think that they are one of the coolest army to own, and sooner or later I am probably going to end up collecting them. Presently, I play as Tau, but after I finish that army, I'll probably have a small faction of SOBs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, the reason I started playing SoB was because no one up here at college played them (and because they seemed really cool- I mean, women? With guns? Giggity giggity&#33.

If they get popular though, I'll still play them. Popularity only has to do with me starting an army, not continuing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I dont want em popular - took SoB for 3 reasons:

1. I spend most evenings painting (sad) and they give me oportunity to get carried away converting stuff
    2. My kids are learning to play and I needed to give em a few victories so took a weaker army
    3. Uniqueness

Then, having bought some and started painting them, I found out about witch hunters - Damn damn damn damn
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the reasons I choosed to play the sisters is to see Space marines (whatever SM&#33 get their ass kicked by chicks.... not that easy but delightful!

Closed Thread