Librarium Online Forums banner

Questions about Emp.'s Tarot and Orbital Strikes

437 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Spinkycleft 
#1 ·
Okay, two questions:

Emporer's Tarot: Does this mean if my opponent rolls a 6 and I roll a 1, we re-roll it (basically, it 'tied')? Basically the only way I lose the roll is if we tie, and the only way I win is if I beat his/her roll?

Orbital Strikes: In the FAQ, it says "You do not need to inform your opponent of the Orbital strike's target before deployment." Does this imply you inform them after deployment, or do they only know where it is after it hits?

#2 ·
Don't have my codex handy so I can't help you with the first one.

For an OS, you must mark down somewhere (use a scrap of paper or tell a friend who isn't in the game) where you're aiming the OS before you or your enemy deploy a single unit. You do not tell your opponent where it's aimed, but you tell him that you have an OS on the table. Then you roll the OS's Reserve roll. When it comes in for the first time, then you tell your opponent. If you had to tell him where it was aimed before it came in, your opponent wouldn't ever go near that terrain piece!

#5 ·
You are getting confused with the wording.

If you have an emporer's tarot in your army, then both players make a roll BEFORE the initiative roll. if you get the same as your opponent, then you reduce your INITIATIVE roll by 1. if you roll different numbers, then you add plus 1 to you initiative roll.

scenario:

i have an emporer's tarot, so my opponent and i both roll before initiative.

i get a 3, and he gets a 4.

since i got a different score then his, i get plus 1 to initiative roll.

during initiative rolls, we both get 4's. because i got a different score for my tarot roll, i get plus 1 to my score, so my score becomes 5, and win initiative.

hope that helped :).

#6 ·
arishnakoger said:
You are getting confused with the wording.

If you have an emporer's tarot in your army, then both players make a roll BEFORE the initiative roll. if you get the same as your opponent, then you reduce your INITIATIVE roll by 1. if you roll different numbers, then you add plus 1 to you initiative roll.

scenario:

i have an emporer's tarot, so my opponent and i both roll before initiative.

i get a 3, and he gets a 4.

since i got a different score then his, i get plus 1 to initiative roll.

during initiative rolls, we both get 4's. because i got a different score for my tarot roll, i get plus 1 to my score, so my score becomes 5, and win initiative.

hope that helped :).
Okay, that is what I was confused on. Thank you for clearing that up ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.