Seraphim Fall Back missing "up to" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Seraphim Fall Back missing "up to"

I noticed that the Hit-n-run and the Jump-Back rules lack the phrase "up to" when discussing distance tat they may move. So I guess that means that they must move the entire distance on the dice? What if they wanted to move less of the distance? My feeling is "no".
    Why?
    Because Jump Back is very similar to a fall-back move, which requires full distance be traversed.

So if the move is being used like a fall-back move, then Purity Seals should be applicable.

But if (for any rason) we want to say that Jump Back is different from a fall-back move, then Purity Seals may not be used, but it is voluntary, and all voluntary movement is "up to".

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Your point is mute because of this statement:

So if the move is being used like a fall-back move, then Purity Seals should be applicable
    however "like" a fall back move a hit and run move is, it is not the same thing and purity seals only effect fall back moves

So you moves the distance and you dont benefit from purity seals (this tactic dies with the advent of codex WH
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh ya must go the full hit n run distance butya don't count as falling back and the enemy may only consolidate 3"
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

ya don't count as falling back
    This is precisely where I think the problem is. I don't think this fact matters.

Purity Seals actually have nothing to do with Leadership. Purty Seals are about movement. Purity Seals does not say that "the unit needs to have failed a morale check". Purity Seals says that it applies to any unit who is "falling back".

A Hit-N-Run moves exactly like a fallback move, with 3 exceptions:
    (The move is automaticly successful; Movement is 3D6; Ignore units you are locked with).

Everything else about it (ocurrs at the end of CC phase; movement is straight line only; full movement shown on dice; may not be used to initiate new enemy contact; enemy may consolidate) works exactly like a fallback move, to the letter.

My opinion is that the evidence is insufficient to disallow their use during the move.
    Hit-N-Run is a fallback move that skips the Ld check and goes faster.

If full movement were not a requirement, then I'd say this is more like regular movement.
    But the fact that you have to make full movement shown on dice in a straight line, really seems to place this move within the scope of Purity Seals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel
    Purity Seals says that it applies to any unit who is "falling back".
    Here is the fault in your arguement, this has an explicit meaning in the 40K rules and hit and run are not explicitly included, if hit and run was a fall back move, it would say it was (it used to in codex SoB before codex WH)

Not that I agree with your arguement, but there is another distinction between hit and run and fallback moves - fallback takes you back to your own table edge, hit and run can be used to leapfrog or catapult yourself further forwards
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and the fact that the FAQ specifically mentions that Purity Seals DONT affect hit and Run, as it is not a fall-back move.

Are you trying to say "can you move ANY distance, up to the distance on the dice, or do you have to move the entire distance shown on the dice"

If you are, then..I don't know the answer, but would go with the full distance on the dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no hit and run you must take the full distance (it's in the 40k rule book) but you can ellect the direction and it is not a fallback cus in the end ya don't need to rally and like the dude before me sed there are faq's etc out there that states all this
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I didn't realize there was a FAQ to that effect.
    That shuts me down cold.

I still say Bullshyte. I really don't appreciate how 4th ed removed some of WH abilities.
    It's likey they were targeted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep it's all a big conspiracy to gimp anythin thats not marines.... seriously :sad:

+ Reply to Thread