Purg Squad Or Terms? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite simply, what would be more effective in a City Fight, defending an objective, against SMs. I feel a purg squad (4 psycannons) on roofs would be devestating, but so could Terms (BC and regular squad makeup) on the ground. Both are close enough in cost to compare I think. Without getting into wargear details, or other options, if you had to choose one, which would it be.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for Terminators, in a city fight your gonna get in H2H at somepoint and nothing beats Terminators in that, just give them holocaust and give the BC Holocaust and you can destory entire units in a single round of comabt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont like purg squads because you have to pay for the Nemasis force weapons and the WS but your going to have to replace the. I'd go with Terminators. Beside Psycannons against Space marines, the Space Marines still get there save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would suggest termirnators, same as these other guys

this is because the termies rock in CC and so will be able to hold there own and so can deep-strike in to where u need them (objective, help out surrounded squads, protect against flanking manovere)

the only thing i would say is that u should avoid facing a multitude of enemies at on time, as u can get 1 attack within 6" (don't know if this is still active after TAR) so if u get into a combat with 20+ men, then u will dis as not even 2+ save will help gainst the multitude of attacks that will come your way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Purg squads even have a place in a deamonhunter force? It seems to me that they are so expensive that the ability to have more than two psycannons in a squad still doesn't justify the cost. I imagine a purg squad of incinerators would be a good force for horde armies, but I can't seem to justify a psycannon version. The reason I ask is I purchased 4 GKs with psycannons and can't seem to incorperate them into my force. It sounds like they are a great final addition to any force if you have points to eat up, otherwise there are better options.

Does the Daemonhunters army list need a better heavy/devistator squad in the next codex? Or is that the price you pay for a cc army with induction options?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators. Marines won't stand a chance, and you can assault them before they assault you. Pure slaughter.

Closed Thread