Heavy weapons questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy weapons questions

Just a question from a non marine player. Is there anyway a squad of 5 marines, whether it be normal ones, dark angels, whatever, have all of the following in one squad: Lascannon, Missile launcher, Multimelta, heavy Bolter,and plasma cannon. Not necessarily all in one, but only weapons from this list. So there could be two missile launchers, plasma cannon, and a lascannon in one.

I need to know because I just played a 1000point game and his 3 squads of dark angels had each guy carrying one of the above weapons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait sooo...the guy had 3 squads of 5 wit h4 heavy weapons or 3 squads of 5 with 1 guy carrying a big gun? If it is the first i believe it is illegial but I dont play DA so I cant be sure...
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

In the description of a devastator squad four of the marines may be given a heavy weapon from an identical list.

However the sergent may be given terminator honors which allows him to take equiptment from the armoury. I cant remember but if there are any heavy weapons on the list but I think special weapons are? anybody got their dex on hand. O and as the darkangles have special rules they might be able to I dont have their dex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be three squads of five men. Each guy was carrying one of the above list of weapons, either a plasma cannon, lascannon, multimelta, heavy bolter or missiles launcher. ALL of the guys in the three squads had one of those weapons, none had regular bolters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm don't know much about DA so I'm not 100% sure but If every guy had a heavy weapon then it is illegal. Tactical squads get ONE heavy weapon (missile launcher, lascannon, plasmacannon, heavy bolter or multi-melta) and one lighter weapon (flamer, meltagun or plasmagun).
    The Ten Dimensions

"I read about something like this in a book." "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?" "...Oh yeah."-Peter and Brian Griffin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Yes but the question is can a sergent with access to the armoury take a heavy weapon. It is a good question. I can't remember if they can and I dont have my dex with me.

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

If they were Devestator squads, 4 of the marines can have any heavy weapon allowed to a Space Marine.....like four Plasma cannons or 4 lascannons....or maybe a mix of some others too.

For Dark Angels their tactical squads are allowed to field 2 plasma cannons instead of 1 for additional points. Don't quote me on this though.

There is no possible way any squad of marines can have five heavy weapons in one. Your opponent had illegal squads.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually(and I hate it when i do this) but I think I just answered my own question thanks to the help of army builder. 3 Devestator squads, five men each, 4 +1 Sergant. If you give the sergant terminator honors, he can take combi weapons. Therefore I am guessing he took the combi-plasma and then the rest of the four devastators took one heavy weapon each. I hate to admit it but you can take a five man squad with all heavy weapons.

SIGH

The only other thing that cheesed me off, and I really do mean cheese, is the Veil of Time power. Shouldnt that power be with the eldar where it belongs(cheese I mean). 10 points on a librarian, and he gets to reroll ANYTHING, to hit, to wound, save, morale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy316
    Actually(and I hate it when i do this) but I think I just answered my own question thanks to the help of army builder. 3 Devestator squads, five men each, 4 +1 Sergant. If you give the sergant terminator honors, he can take combi weapons. Therefore I am guessing he took the combi-plasma and then the rest of the four devastators took one heavy weapon each. I hate to admit it but you can take a five man squad with all heavy weapons.
    Well, as long as those were Devastators, that's true. Make sure that he did have some troop choices in his army, though. . .

The only other thing that cheesed me off, and I really do mean cheese, is the Veil of Time power. Shouldnt that power be with the eldar where it belongs(cheese I mean). 10 points on a librarian, and he gets to reroll ANYTHING, to hit, to wound, save, morale.
    It only lasts until his turn is over, so it's not -quite- so bad. Also, at least he can't use a Force Weapon in the same turn. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Well I never considered a combi-plasma a heavy weapon eheh.

why would it be cheese? Its still hellish on points and on a Devestator squad if you manage killing one marine it nets you at least 25 points I believe. It may seem good on paper but they have got to aim at meaningful units of they'll never make their points back...and if they get into assault all the points you sunk into them is wasted.

Veil of Time is a different story, its insane if he gets to strike first as his offensive abilities is all of a sudden "twinlinked".....if he doesn't hit first its pure crap since he can't reroll enemy rolls to hit and wound. (had to clarify with GW before I understood this part)
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast