mechanised over footslogger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mechanised over footslogger

i've seen alotta list in this forum with mech sisters and i thought i wouldfind out just what about them makes em so good?. why do you take a mech sister force what units do you take in it, is it pure soriatas or mixed and a rundown of tacs would be nice.

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

This is a question with a million answers. But I can give some short answers.

- Mobilie Sisters are attractive because it allows them to hit their stride about 30% sooner.

- A Rhino can also be used for cover, when there is an enemy with superior range. So it has a defensive component from shooting, but also from CC. An enemy squad who charges your Rhino remains targetable. So it kinda baits him into your short -ranged crosshairs.

- The drive-up and flame is also cheap and powerful, and difficult to defend against.

- Seraphim greatly appreciate having a foward Rhino to conceal themselves and minimize costly shooting casualties while trying to get into CC. A dead Rhino can still be a good Rhino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I have 3 reasons for playing mech sisters:

1. because I played sisters befoer codex WH and troops could not take transports, there was always occasions when you wanted them, so being able to get them is a bit like beeing given the sweets to the toy shop (not this dont make it the right thing to do or a better tactic, it is just a reaction)

2. And you will like this Plague: Flamers. The prefered weapon of Sisters, has an increddibly short range, if you are walking, it is too easey for your opponent to jump over it with his fast attack, and then pile his other troops in whilst the flamers are engaged. IF I use foot squads, which is rare, I take storm bolters as the special weapons, but they just dont give the same value for money as the flamers. Using rhinos allows for a super nasty mob handed drive by, as visible in any of my battle reps, when DG is applied to this, it shreds your opponent.

3. Painting, on average, it takes me up to 2 weeks to paint a vehicle, in the same time I can do less than 4 sisters. If I want 2000 points of sisters it would take be an eternity to paint an infantry army
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First post, woohoo!

Personally I'm going mechanized for board/crowd control. I plan to quite literally dominate every table with my (planned) 8 transports.

This will do the following:
    Give me fast transport for slow troops and their short-range weaoinry.
    Provide me with mobile cover.
    Give me a means of diverting and 'shepherding' enemy troops and vehicle where I like, bringing them in range first for my stormtrooper+arbite meatshields.

Basically I have a big, mobile alleyway of flaming death.

Only problems I foresee is cluttery maps and heaps of trashed rhinos blocking the fresh ones in the back. But then I have to expect conflicts, I'm tooling my army specifically for enemy troop control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Welcome to the boards and the little backwater that is witch hunters, but is infact a bunch of ex eldar reprobates who felt banshees were not sexy enough, or in plagues case, a pyromaniac who can not bear to have vehicles without flamers available to him.

OK 8 transports is 2000 points, no other way to slice it

Why take stormies/arbities when you can take sisters? better in all respects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

A mech army allows you to deal with mission objects quicker than on foot (sometimes you may never reach them, getting to the other side of the board for example), in addition, as cher mentioned, make use of flamers in a more effective manner (12" move, disembark 2" and fire up to 8", better than move 6") It also gives good protection against those faster armies (DE) as you won't be so liable to being assaulted and you can almost match up to their speed so they don't dominate the feild.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    Welcome to the boards and the little backwater that is witch hunters, but is infact a bunch of ex eldar reprobates who felt banshees were not sexy enough, or in plagues case, a pyromaniac who can not bear to have vehicles without flamers available to him.

OK 8 transports is 2000 points, no other way to slice it

Why take stormies/arbities when you can take sisters? better in all respects
    Yeah I always go big with armies. I'm starting small for certain (only got 500 points so far) and it won't be totally mechanized to start with. Mostly it is in response to getting my butt repeatedly handed to me by my brother (he plays Orks magnificently, I am a so-so Emperor's Children player),

As for stormies and Arbites? Mostly the look. Stat-wise they're only minorly less effctive, it's the weapon choices that hurt. I HAD to go with a squad of arbites though. Especially now with my half-done Rhino converted into a SWAT-style police tank with working red&blue lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheem
    Yeah I always go big with armies. I'm starting small for certain (only got 500 points so far) and it won't be totally mechanized to start with. Mostly it is in response to getting my butt repeatedly handed to me by my brother (he plays Orks magnificently, I am a so-so Emperor's Children player),

As for stormies and Arbites? Mostly the look. Stat-wise they're only minorly less effctive, it's the weapon choices that hurt. I HAD to go with a squad of arbites though. Especially now with my half-done Rhino converted into a SWAT-style police tank with working red&blue lights.
    OK I can cope with the look forcing you down the take a squad of arbities route, but you realyl need to understand that neither the stormies nor the arbities are a patch on sisters, not just for what the sisters themselves bring but for their contributions via faith. My single most effective unit in my sisters is the sisters troops squad, mounted in a rhino, with flamers and heavy flamers, this absolutley splatters things when Divine guidance comes into play Way more effective than any of my cadians and it puts my elysians to shame depite the deep strike with demo charge trick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I can understand. I'm basically using the stormies and arbites as meat shields for my sister + dominion squads. They would be better if they were cheaper and make more sense, but then half of this army I've noticed is style over tactics (Inquisitors, for instance).

Basically I'm adapting my army becayse initially I was going to play pure inquisition or pure SoB. But I have to do both. I'll play test them once they're more finished and I'm sure my wonderfully painted Kasrkin models will be left by the table edge most games. And that's okay.

But anyway, on topic: I still prefer mechanized. Foot slogging is always good against certain armies (necrons and mob Orks) but they're a death sentence against Tau and more than likely DE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine
    3. Painting, on average, it takes me up to 2 weeks to paint a vehicle, in the same time I can do less than 4 sisters. If I want 2000 points of sisters it would take be an eternity to paint an infantry army

Would you care to show us some pictures? They must look GOOOOOD :yes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast