Disciples of Hephaestus - Army Expansion Plans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

Disciples of Hephaestus - Army Expansion Plans

I am currently putting together a new force which I have been working on fluffwise for quite a while (http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=43716 (Disciples of Hephaestus - A Space Marine Chapter)). However, I have now decided to go beyond my simple commander and 5 scouts and have purchased a tactical squad.

Having finished the conversion and assembly of all these minatures this morning (see my gallery uploads soon if they are validated), I now have:

Commander (Captain) - 136 points
    Power Fist
    Master-Crafted Storm Bolter
    Combat Shield
    Melta Bombs
    Frag Grenades
    Terminatour Honours

Tactical Squad (10) - 205 points
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun
    Terminator Honours
    Master-Crafted Bolter
    Purity Seals

Scout Squad (5) - 123 points
    Sniper Rifles (4)
    Terminator Honours
    Master-Crafted Missile Launcher

Total: 464 points

I am considering purchasing the composite Tactical Squad/Rhino set and Razorback Sprue from the Games Workshop Online Store before the APC price hike of February the 27th comes around.

After that next upgrade, what additions would be advisable? I understand many will not read the fluff link above - so to summarise - this is a shooty army with no assault units except a Ultramarines Honour Guard renamed Hephaestean Temple Guard. This is because this army uses the same rules as the Ultramarines.

Warboss Skagrad of the Ork Klan!
    Wins: 3/Losses: 1/Draws: 0

2. Remove Advertisements

Beecher Illinois
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

40 (x2)

Well shooty with a dessert home world. Settlements are few and far between making speed on the planet essential. Landspeeders (tornado) fast and very shooty.
    I want to add that the razorback and squad set does not come with the new sm tatical squad spure. Vehicals would have a difficult time traveling through the desert so more devastator squads than tanks may also be what you are looking for. Bikes are a definate no no as they don't move on sand very fast. No assault troops

Fast attack - Land speeders are the only thing that fit

Heavy support - Indirect ordinace and dev squads

Troops - infiltrating scouts and squads with converted transports to be more mobile in the desert. Maybe model them as skimers make it a cool conversion project.

Elites - terminators - dreads will have a hard time walking on sand

+ Reply to Thread