Need Help On Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Need Help On Fluff

ive been considering starting another space marine army, this time made very fluffy.

I have a question on sMurf fluff...

i know that you arent supposed to create your own original legion, your supposed to base it off another one's gene seed.

i want a stealthy army so is it permissible for their gene seed to be taken from alpha legion but with the army still being loyalist?

ALso, i'll be using the dark angel veteran sgt's blisters for almost everything so would good fluff be these robes are cameloline (or however you say it)

thanks for your help

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Er, basically no.

The traitor chapters are excommunicate traitoris, basically their geneseed will have been destroyed long ago and any loyalists purged. We all know how Xenophobic the Imperium is, many people have tried to think of plausible explainations for using CSM geneseed (typically it goes something like "they were on a ship at the time of the heresy, er..it crashed and then after the heresy were rediscovered and declared they wanted to hunt down their old comrades). To me this is just clutching at straws in an attempt to write "super-fluff" aka "my marines are better than yours" (not you, other people attempting to write stories like that).

While I understand your reasons, there are other routes you can go to achieve the same effect. There are plenty of stealthy chapters out there, think about Raven Guard or one of their successors. Or one of the many other "stealthy" loyalist chapters. You could even make up your own fluff and develop a chapter completely new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Agreed, there is pretty much no way they could be alpha legion geneseed, even if some of it was still around its highly unlikely you would be making a loyalist chapter as their geneseed is likely tainted. But as was mentioned if you want to build a chapter off the Raven Guard or perhaps White Scars then you would be good to go.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

No way you could do this as your marines would never be respected by any branch of the imperium ever again even if that happened and would have died out from getting the short end of the stick at every engagement. Not to mention the inquisitors would be hanging around them all of the time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Dark Angels would be a very good geneseed for a stealthy chapter. That plus your planning to use their models anyway make me think you should choose this one as a 'parent'. If you don't want to use the DA codex then just say this chapter decided to follow the Codex Astartes more closely...no Inquisitor could fault that.

The problem with calling their robes cameleoline is that the stuff is supposed to give a benefit to the wearers and would lead to confusion. Just paint the robes camo and leave it at that...people will get the idea.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The parent legion doesn't necessarily affect the successor chapter at all. Look at the Imperial Fists for example, they are pretty much a codex chapter and their successors, the Crimson Fists, are also a codex chapter. On the other hand their second well-known successor, the Black Templars, are just about the most un-codex chapter there is.
    If you choose the Blood Angels then you're going to have to deal with the black rage, but most other chapters don't have a lot of "genetic baggage".
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want Stealth go Raven guard (as i do) there fluff is based upon sabotage, stealth :shifty: and rapid reaction. Otherwise you ca create a succersor chapter for them using traits.

It's your choice, enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its tru u couldnt do it coz the alpha legion have destroyed/tainted geneseed and all that so if u want stealthy and not based on another 1 i say make your own chapter that claims to be a first founding chapter and use the chapter creation stuff in the SM codex. :b
    Only the weak tell tales of how strong they are...

+ Reply to Thread