downing C'tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: downing C'tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

downing C'tan

Against necrons, my plan is to engage in assault. My problem with assaulting Necrons is that my friends necrons army has a nice sweet little nightbringer following it around.

So, what would you do about it? I was thinking about sniper scouts. assuming that they actualy work against C'tan, and if they dont, i'd like to know about it. If they do, then 15 scouts with snipers would on average take it out in 2 turns. You can infiltrate the scouts to make sure the C'tan is in LOS.

thoughts?

fear the smurfs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

The usual tactic against things like C'tan and Monoliths is to avoid them and force a phase out.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

I agree with Ostol....but the other way to get rid of it is to "Not have Special Characters"

other than that sniping is the best way.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Hit it with S7 or higher weapons (and sniper rifles work reasonably well), Things like missile launchers are whats needed, but you do have to devote a fair bit of firepower against it.

A nice (if somewhat risky) tactic is to take a librarian with familiar (making him I6) with a command squad with furious charge and hope you score a wound (6's to wound remember), pass a LD test and force weapon his ass to death.

Its best to mostly ignore it as it is slow and is a nice fat target for anything you do throw at it.
    Last edited by The_Outsider; February 21st, 2006 at 13:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Sniper scouts are probably best for the points, but as mentioned, it is best to ignore it. If you plan on assaulting the crons, plan on bringing lots of powerfists on your sergeants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

C'tan are invincible, if your oppoennt fields one just give up.

Lol

J/K, but depending on your army it may seem that way. Snipers are a good bet, force weapons a gamble but you can try if your feeling lucky.

I agree with Ostol....but the other way to get rid of it is to "Not have Special Characters"
    C'tan weren't even considered special characters back when you had to ask to use them, under new rules you don't have to ask to use any sepcial chars, so I would say that makes the c'tan extra usable. They are listed in the armies summary for gods sake, thus you can pretty much consider them non-special and infact just standard HQs. How about no c'tan if you can't use chaplains or Librarians.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

In a recent battlereport on this board a single squad with a hidden powerfist killed a C'tan (Nightbringer, deciever is a lot tougher). True, they were Khorne troops, so the Champion had 6 attacks on the charge, but the theory is sound. Since you don't get any save anyway I suggest some scouts, a few sniper rifles and a sarge with a fist. With a little luck you can put a wound or two on him with the sniper rifles and then finish him off with the fist. And it will cost you about half what the C'tan costs.

Don't try the trick with librarian with a force weapon. Sure it can work, but most of the time it won't and then you have thrown away your librarian. Just think of it as a rock, paper, siccors situation. You counter the C'tan with some relatively cheap troops while leaving your librarian to cut through warriors and other stuff that will not kill him anytime soon.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

funniest thing ever....

9 eldar rangers.....

9 hits...

5 wounds...

DECEIVER fails all five saves!

first turn, deceiver went bye bye!

SO yes, sniper scouts are awsome at killin c'tan
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    funniest thing ever....

9 eldar rangers.....

9 hits...

5 wounds...

DECEIVER fails all five saves!

first turn, deceiver went bye bye!

SO yes, sniper scouts are awsome at killin c'tan
    That's a lucky instance; don't count on it to happen all the time.
    What I've found with necrons so far is to ignore the annoying stuff and kill the warriors. That'll get you close enough to phase-out.
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might want to buy a predator with lascannon setuo. set him up in the middle and move into position and fire away. just make sure you don´t get in range of some gauss weapons. Each turn you get 3 lascannon shots what will make sure the C´tan dies. just hit the opposite side of his battleline.

You can get 2 predator for about the same points cost as the C´tan and is also very nice add killing necron warriors.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast