7th Cavalry (not horses) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th Cavalry (not horses)

While watching We Were Soliders Once and Young I was enjoying the amazing helicopter runs and landing in a hot LZ when something hit me, this would be really fun to play with for my Guard. There are no Guard helicopters but I decided that I would VDR rules and count the helicopters as skimmers. I would have attack ( heavy support) and transport
    (fast attack) copters in my Guard army nearly completely destroying my usual stand and shoot response. I would transport around Storm Troopers using the Grenadiers Doctrine not taking heavy weapons in the squad so I could get more moblity. I could also use Basilisks as artillery support to soften up the LZ before landing. I just wanted to know if you guys thought this idea would be cool and if you had any opnions or tips that could help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just use the rules for vultures and valkries
    "Crescit in adversis virtus" (Virtue is Born in Hardship)

"Cheese is the cry of the weak"

You are; Empire (truly)
    You are 63% Honorable, 47% Bloodthirsty, 37% Magic-minded, and 85% tactically-oriented!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love the idea of going 7th cavalry style however what models to buy to act as valkyries or vultures is also a bit daunting becasue mose helicopters look out of place in such a modern game. commanches with their missle bays open look very cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th Calvary

I was thinking about using Hueys and converting them with Heavy Bolters and Lascannons. I might use Cobras as attack helicopters shooting everyone. My real problem is if this army may be to fragile and my copters will be blasted from the sky. Maybe I will mix it with some inflitrating regular squads of Guard or a tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure, though it would be very cool, ps what about ospreys they look very futuristic

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Or just model your ownvultures and valkryes. In one of the firefly episodes, the prop team made a pretty cool space ship out of a Mi-24 Hind Helicopter body. Whos to say you couldn't do the same?
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing after watching the same film!! A good idea would be to try and convert SM landspeeders with like a troop section on it, that way it would look good and still retain the 41st millenium feel. I saw it done in a white dwarf one time with some guys catachans, it was a great idea, even thou catachan models suck.
    I even made up some rules for the speeders, cant really remember them but they were summin like......
    F S B
    10 10 10
    Heavy bolter
    Fast vehicle
    skimmer
    transport 10 guys
    and it was about 90 points or summin
    Could be effective with grenadiers or even spec weps squads.
    cheers guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing after watching the same film!! A good idea would be to try and convert SM landspeeders with like a troop section on it, that way it would look good and still retain the 41st millenium feel. I saw it done in a white dwarf one time with some guys catachans, it was a great idea, even thou catachan models suck.
    I even made up some rules for the speeders, cant really remember them but they were summin like......
    F S B
    10 10 10
    Heavy bolter
    Fast vehicle
    skimmer
    transport 10 guys
    and it was about 90 points or summin
    Could be effective with grenadiers or even spec weps squads.
    cheers guys

+ Reply to Thread