Wow, i like the SM codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, i like the SM codex

I bought the codex as it came out, but unfortunately never managed to getting round to a game with a full marine army when I realised just how harsh you can be! It's independant character mad! There's no use having four commanders but a commander and three librarians or chaplains can get downright harsh ( I prefer the librarians really-an army with four 'fear of the darkness' attempts a t urn will have most none fearless models running)

Just want to know if anyone has tried this and how successful it has been with regard to taking more characters than squads?

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Errrrr.....

Commanders, Librarians, and Chaplains are HQ choices. Therefore you can only have 2 characters total. An army that character heavy wouldn't fare well anyway - not enough firepower to deal with other armies, and the sheer volume of fire would drop the characters and their few troops units pretty quickly.

EDIT:

Huh?? ...Wow. You know, I never even spotted that particular rule. Or rather, I sorta glossed over it without realizing just what it meant. OK, ignore my previous comments.
    Last edited by Wraith; February 24th, 2006 at 07:17.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

You can take more as captains/masters with command squads can have attached librarian and/or chaplins, so you can take 4 HQ choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Nah, I learned in another thread that one can have one of each in a single command squad, for a total of 6 ICs if you take two command squads. It costs an arm and a leg, of course.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Indeed; you can attach both a librarian and a chaplain to a captain's command squad; and you can take 2 command choises. so a total of 6 characters attached to 2 squads...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you can't have more than one character of each type present in the squad... so at most you can only have two of each. Though blasting away with FoD would be great, he should only have two librarians on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delkins
    But you can't have more than one character of each type present in the squad... so at most you can only have two of each. Though blasting away with FoD would be great, he should only have two librarians on the field.

Actually, you CAN have a librarian leading the command squad, with a librarian attached to it. See page 21, paragraphs 2 and 3 in the SM Codex. Which "could" allow you to field 4 librarians. **shudders at the points cost**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calidus
    Actually, you CAN have a librarian leading the command squad, with a librarian attached to it. See page 21, paragraphs 2 and 3 in the SM Codex. Which "could" allow you to field 4 librarians. **shudders at the points cost**
    I'm sorry but you are wrong. I am gonna use your own page reference against you. Go to page 21 and paragraph three. And I quote "Only one character of a given type may be attatched to a single Command squad." There's you're answer. You can have two of each for a total of three.

--smguy

Armies:
    Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
    Next:
    Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers

Remember, give people rep if they help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smguy
    I'm sorry but you are wrong. I am gonna use your own page reference against you. Go to page 21 and paragraph three. And I quote "Only one character of a given type may be attatched to a single Command squad." There's you're answer. You can have two of each for a total of three.

--smguy

Librarian #1 is LEADING the command squad. (per paragraph #2)
    Librarian #2 is attached per Paragraph #3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

The guy that's leading it is also attached to it. So sorry, still only 2 libbies...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast