7th Calvary Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th Calvary Army List

Here is my experimental army list for my Calvary army. Wanted to see if it could win before I started buying the models.

Doctrines
    Grenadiers

HQ - 2 melta guns 60pt

Troops
    2 Hueys one heavy bolter transports 15 men - 250
    2 Storm Trooper Squads 2 plasma guns each vet sergenat plasma pistol - 254
    1 Junior Officer - 2 meltas 60pt

Heavy Support
    2 Cobras -Hellstriker misslies, heavy bolter, twin linked lascannon -350pt

about thousand pts total

I hope to qucikly fall on one enemy flank and over come it before figthing the rest of the armor. Moving and shooting my copters will be the key to the battle, I should be glanced only if I keep moving. If you guys have any tips or tactics that would be helpful thx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Hey Mooseman, just a few q's first,
    1: Why only 1 doctrine, there are many more you can take advantage of...
    2:are Hueys Valkiries and cobras Vultures or did you use the VDR to create them yourself??
    3: Where did the junior officer come from? Grenadiers allows you to field stormtroopers as troops, but they arn't fielded as a platoon, so no JO...

Apart from that it looks fine, mainly because flyers are such a pain to kill, however you dont seem to have that much firepower.... Tanks won't be a problem with the cobras flying about but you have a lack of anti- infantry firepower which needs addressing. And why all the melta guns?? Your cobras and HQ can take care of tanks, meaning your stormtroopers can take care of infantry, so flamers/plasma/grenade launchers could be usefull.....

Hope that was of use.
    P.S. i'd hate to play them (scary scary flyers)......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i nkow of a good place to buy the hueys me neng an air cav lover my self have tride the army go to michals and buy the huey hog model its like 15$ and looks really good...also add yarrick or gaut as a HQ and add some heavy weapons teams....last USE MORE DOCTRINES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with above. Flyers are awsome in my opinion, i use them myself. However, they are not the ultimate weapon. You do not have many men in that army and believe me, when they are dead they enemy will target whats left, and that will be your aircraft.
    Remember, they have to roll sixes to hit which is not easy but with enough weapons pointing at them they drop extremely fast. You need a six to hit, but with a decent weapon you dont need much to damage the flyer. And for 1000 points your enemy could have a lot of nice weapons.

Also, what rules are you using for your huey's? Because if you are paying 250 for two of them then you certainly are not using the valkyrie rules, as a valkyrie without missiles (just a transport and 1 weapon) costs 140 points alone. Same with your cobra's, could you give us an insight into their rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool idea

What are you using for the choppers?

I like the idea that you have for this army. I did not see any Harden Veterans on your list, do like the Storm troopers over the veterans?

Any way good luck with the idea.

+ Reply to Thread