catachan codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: catachan codex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

catachan codex

i know there has been previous topics about this codex but how exactly can i attach a deathworld unit from the codex onto my imperial guard army, plus do i need to pick a certain amount of troop choices or an hq or what. any help would be great help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure how you can attach them, mabey using two force organization charts. But i know that if you take the jungle fighter docterine, you can use chatachan models. It sure is greath though to see another catchcan player. Keep at it!
    InquisitorLordReiss
    How many Inquisitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three,
    one to screw it in, one to outlaw lightbulbs, and one to deny lightbulbs ever existed.
    "From this day to the ending of the world..
    We in it shall be remembered...
    We band of brothers."
    Henry V

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest im not though i do like the catachan sniper rules which are very effective units for scaring the crap out of people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the codex?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have read the codex and this is about as close to how you can have an attachment from deathworld units but again fails to say anything such as limits on what can be taken or what units are a neccessity e.g. an HQ from the codex

you can use it to add units of Deathworld Veterans to a standard Imperial Guard force. These additions represent detachments from a Deathworld Veteran army that has been at war for a considerable period of time and has been moved from one warzone to another. These detachments are being combined with elements of other Imperial Guard regiments along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it says that "if you wish simply to add units of deathworld veterans to a standard Imperial Guard force, then you should make use of the Jungle Fighters Regimental Doctirne." When you wanted to attach DWV units to a standard guard army in the original Catachan Codex it let you upgrade any catachan unit to DWV for +3pt a model. Let you put 0-2 Assult teams in a catachan command platoon. Alowed you to use DWV sentinels, Devils, and DWV Snipers. The biggest catch was any unit that could set up in ambush was not albe to if used in a standard guard force but could infiltrate if the mission permited it.
    "Official! The graves of warriors who have given thier lives for the Emperor now outnumber the stars themselves."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I don't think you are allowed to just attach DWVs to a standard Guard list. The codex says you should use the Jungle Fighters doctrine, as Henchman quotes, but this doctrine just gives infantry some of the abilities of Jungle Fighters. It doesn't give an army access to DWV army list choices.

You might have to go with 2 force orgs to make this work.

If you're most interested in snipers, I'd recommend you look at Codex: Cityfight. It also gives access to snipers (as well as broader access to demo charges).

+ Reply to Thread