Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
With the topics of how many IC's one can have in an HQ, I am wondering, is there a rule of thumb as to what percent of your force should be taken up by HQ?
I was considering putting a Master with Lightning Claws in a razor back with a Sgt (PF and BP) and 4 CC (bp and ccw) marines, all with terminator honors and furious charge. The cost is right around 390, depending on other goodies, such as iron halo for the commander. Plus the razorback is upgraded with Twin linked Lascannon (TLLC).
Does this seem out of line for a 2000 point army?
Once a Marine, always a Marine.
It SEEMS alright to me for 2000 up, an hq is a pwerful unit and should not be too weak, but putting it in a razorbak means you can potentially lose a couple of guys if they destroy the transport. sincerely, Mustardknight
You should have an hq for every 1000 points. In my opinion you should equipt the hq wth what he needs so if he is made for cc then give him th est for his opponts. IF he is in a squad and wont be fighting really powerful opponents don't give him and invulterable save.
Necorn Work In Progress Click Link
The unit sounds good except I would probably just use t.l. HBs on the razorback. I hope this is not your only transport, that's a big target for your opponent to shoot at.
...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...
How many points you place in your HQ isnt really important unless you are playing with composition scores.
What IS important is what you are getting out of your HQ for the points spent on him.
There are a lot of factors to this unfortunately so its difficult to set out guidelines. In general however, 2 things should be kept in mind:
1) We are lucky in that we do not need uber HQ units to win our battles. This allows us to spend our points more evenly and not lump a bunch together as an easy target. In most circumstances, it is most effective to go with an HQ as cheap as possible.
2) Some oponents are good at dealing with HQ units, some are not. Regardless how many points you spend on your HQ if your oponent has a habbit of getting a DE archon into combat with him every game, there is little sense in spending a ton of points on him. The archon will win 99% of the time. However, a bike mounted, artificer armor wearing, bionic totting, admantine mantle bedecked chaplain with a thunder hammer and crozius can make the most awful mess out of entire armies of IG or Tau.
I guess it boils down to know thine enemy and p[repare accordingly. If you are going in blind, make them effective for the job you have them set to, while spending as little as possible on them.
Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.
Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:
1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant
2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers
3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC