techmarine... worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

techmarine... worth it?

yo. i'm thinking of adding a tech marine in servo harness tomy space marine army. i frequently use Preds and dreadsand the immobillised and disabled weapon results sometimes get to be a bit much to deal with.

i was wondering if you had any views on how good these guys are. from my stand point they can help keep my units up and running. the servo harness makes the marine tougher and more deadly. plus i can add in basically another 3 h_bolters and a plasma cannon or multi melta servitors to hlep me with fire support

any recommendations on this ? and don't jsut tellme their crap tell me why and then give me an alternative or if their good and you have a style that works for them let me know

I got lost on the road of life

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Realistically they aren't that great.

However I love techmarines and always try to include one. I like to use him as a firebase with his servitors and a super sergeant (providing some CC muscle).

Plasma cannon and 3 heavy bolters is a good set up, I sometimes include one or two combat servitors to provide some heavy CC support.

He's also great to have around in list with a few tanks, keeps them up and running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Techmarine has developed a bit of a "love-hate" relationship - Space Marine players think he is a total waste of points or the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Being an Iron Hands player, I take Techmarines all the time (especially the 3-wound HQ type) and have learned just what they can and cannot do.

If you are after a Techmarine for repairing things then keep him simple:

Techmarine with servo-arm and four tech-servitors. Although he doesn't get a re-roll, the four tech-servitors will ensure that his repair succeeds on a 2+.

The servo-harness should be reserved for a Techmarine that is expected to be in the thick of the fighting. Armed with an extra servo-arm, a flamer and plasma cutter, his weapons are effective only at close and melee range. You can attach him to another squad (a favorite tactic of mine is to attach him to a Dev squad at the beginning of the game to improve their effectiveness. When the enemy gets closer, I move him to support a Tac or Vet Squad as they rush into close combat) or give him some combat-servitors as a body-guard.

Gun-servitors can make a decent second-rate Dev Squad - especially if your heavy slots are all taken up by other units.

Sometimes I will give a Techmarine a single plasma-cannon armed Servitor for back-up to his primary role (be it repair work or close combat). This one plasma-cannon is there to give any deep-striking Assault Squads or Terminator Squads a real big treat! This cannon can also earn its points back quickly against units that had to bail out of their transports.

The Techmarine is a capable and versitile character. Servitors can be a challenge to employ but add to his capabilities.

But he isn't for every army. Decide what you want him to do and equip him accordingly. If you try to get him to do everything, he won't do an of it well.

Experiment and have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

basically i'm aiming to have him march along side my dreadnaught intocombat which is whyi'm considering the servo harness.

the dread Must keep fighting. even by staying behind the dread i expect to tkea few hits so the armour is needed.

when i'm not taking a dread i'll probably use it to repair any damage to the predator/s i take so in that case imight make it a fire support type

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Take a peak at this here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ted-heros.html

Ended up as a good conversation, and shows a few possible uses for Techmarines. My opinion is still that they suck, but there are plenty of people who stand by them, which can be seen in that thread.

Kate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

ahh cheers for that firedrake was a big help. gave me a few neat ideas. lol and not jsut the bin. i have the model so it's getting used. (hate to waste anything)..althought it' may be as posrt of conversion work if he isn't up to snuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Please continue any of this conversation in the link firedrake provided.

*closed for repitition*
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

Closed Thread