DW special characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DW special characters

Does anyone else find it odd that none of the DA special characters can be included in a DW army? I can understand that they fight as a terminator only formation but surely the Supreme Grand Master must have fought in terminator armour before. In fact he has, rather obviously. So therefor, since it is fluffy, would anyone object to conversons of DA special characters (in termy armour) being included in a DW army, with a 10 or 25 point increase. I know you can't change special characters but this seems a very silly case to me. (Hopefully it will be addressed in a new codex).

Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Grand Master Belial's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Here's an apt LotR idea that should cross over. Make the same special character in both armour types and/or mountable. It allows a lot of modelling possibilities. Naaman on a (silenced) bike. Asmodai, Ezekiel or Azrael able to lead a DW army in Termy armor. Asmodai and Ezekiel on bikes.

Perhaps bring back Bethor as a Special Character and allow him Termy, Power or a Bike. Have him be the first Standard Bearer that can operate away from the Commander (i.e. Commander goes independent while the Command Squad stays around Bethor). Basically, wherever he plants the standard. All DA behind him or 6" radius to become stubborn. Bethor can't move that turn. Would make DA nasty in Take & Hold missions.

I'd also like to have Sapphon come back as a Character. While Asmodai was a superior Interrogator. Sapphon was the better orator. Giving rousing speeches across the battlefield. I can see him conferring stubborn to units within 6" of him.

And I'd like to see Gabriel take command of the Deathwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

The problem is, in their profiles, none of the characters wear terminator armour. And according to their rules, they can't take any other equipment than that listed. And I don't find it extremely fluffy either; those guys would pick the good stuff from all companies if they went out to fight, not just the deathwing...

I know I wouldn't allow it as an opponent, even though I am a die-hard deathwing player myself.
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Senior Member Grand Master Belial's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue-Angel
    The problem is, in their profiles, none of the characters wear terminator armour. And according to their rules, they can't take any other equipment than that listed. And I don't find it extremely fluffy either; those guys would pick the good stuff from all companies if they went out to fight, not just the deathwing...
    I forgot to add the part about modifying their profiles to allow the different armours and vehicles. Sorry.

I don't get how it is not fluffy. I thought it would be fairly reasonable. Asmodai joins a Ravenwing contingent and gets on a bike, though he would be minus the Ravenwing Jink. Hmmm... I see more thinking is involved.

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't find it extremely fluffy either; those guys would pick the good stuff from all companies if they went out to fight, not just the deathwing...
    How's it unfluffy? The Deathwing is only fielded together in exceptional circumstances anyway. Asmodai and Ezekiel might never have fought with them as an all terminator force, Azrael was the Grand Master of the DW for decades. I can't think of anyone better qualified to lead them into battle than him.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

I could; the current DW master...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yes I am the Monkey King I do find it odd. it would have been nice to have the option should one wish to. Perhaps this will be updated in the new Codex (so many things to hope for...). We might even get a Master of the Deathwing character too- after all the Ravenwing have one.

Having said that I never use the characters anyway, one can tool up an HQ choice to your hearts delight with exactly what YOU want and not what is imposed upon you, which is how I'd rather have it anyway.

Cheers
    Zuriel
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

+ Reply to Thread