Stand Tall, Stand Proud - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allright, in the thread about thunderhawk gunships, and in two other threads about heavy support and transports the Idea of wether or not the sisters of battle are a standing army, or a police force has been called into questions. When I first played sisters, I thought they where an army. When I became more familiar with them I thought they where a police force. When I learned the Nitty Gritty fluff details and about many other things, they went back to a standing army. Let me explain.
    On the serface the sisters of battle are a standing army. Hordes of soldiers equal to guardsmen, but equiped with bolters and power armor. In this respect they are very much like Space marines. They have their own tanks, and armored transports. Heavy weapons teams are told to have appeared in their army before even the space marines. Heavy weapons could be deployed in their troop choices at first.
    Later when new rules came back, the troop choices lost both heavy weapons and their transport. They where now much better suited for assaulting (not close combat but the real life use of the word) churges of Heretics, or the maze like tunnels underneeth hive cities. They could clear a room of witches or heretics with cleansing flame quickly or gunn down a mob as it charged through a hallway, but without very much ordinance or range, on the table sisters where no match for shooty armies. Well they arent good against shoot armies if you play them wrong that is. They just appear to be a police force with a few extra vehicles, like a swat team.
    Then I learned a lot more about them. In some orders of the Sisters of battle ,none of the battle sisters are ever allowed to talk to anyone other than other Battle sisters. Its not a vow of silence, its a vow of absolute no contact. So how do sisters of battle get from planet to planet? Well they couldn't just travel as civilians and mail their tanks like a true public servant would have too. They would have to travel inside a privately owned vessel for the trip. That or they would have to stay inside their rhinos(wich apparently aren't abundant enough for every sister to ride in combat, and would make for a very long and very crampt flight from planet to planet) or they would have to have an entire Ship. Im not asking for a whole battle fleet, but a ThunderHawk gunship, or another apropriate imperial transport that could fit inside the hanger of a larger imperial ship that could warp, or otherwise rely on another ships warping ability would almost be necissary. Then its not unreasionable for the sisters of battle to have their own landing craft and under hostile situations they may need air cover from local imperial forces or their battle fleet(the one they traveled with not the one they own) to make a landing. They dont have drop pods like space marines to my knowledge, but neither do imperial guard. When you need that much military organization then the sisters of battle are more comparable to The United States National Guard, and less comparable to the United states police force swat teams, or the United States Militia(yes the militia and the National guard ARE DIFFERENT, we americans love our guns and look for any opportunity to weild them ) The National guard are a standing army in every respect with its own airplains, tanks, artillery, special forces, boats, landing craft, etc. So there are allready pleanty of logistic reasons why the sisters of battle are an army and not a police force.
    Secondly, the sisters of battle are part of three orders of the Eclesiarch. They are Ordo Hereticus, Deamon Hunters and Greay Knights are in Ordo Malius, and Death Watch are the Alien hunters (not sure what their order is called). Each is a large powerfull orginiation of the Galactic Ministrorum. The Grey Knights are in Every whay a Unique Chapter of Space marines with Landraiders, Dreadnaughts, Terminators, Attack Bikes, the list goes on. Death watch may not be a standing army, but thats because they are strictly an ally. Even the Sissters of battle may feild a squad of DeathWatch if they want to. So if Ordo Malius is a standing army, I dont see how the sisters of battle could not be as such. The sisters of batttle are far more numerous, and their target (witches) are almost one and the same as deamon hunters. As a witch may become a deamon, the chances for the sisters of battle to face deamons is extremely likely. Its no wonder that the sisters of battle have their own inquisitors. If anything, for dealing with mobs, the sisters of battle should be MORE of an army than Deamon Hunters because deamon hunters only hunt deamons, and you dont need an entire cult to summon a deamon. If sisters where only callled to hunt witches who had formed armies, then they have more need of a standing army than Deamon hunters. Both Orders Hunt Chaos, as Chaos includes both Deamons and Heretics, and Witches.
    Lastly, to address the table top, Sisters are outranged by the godd*mn bugs. YES, the Tyranids have range on the Sisters of Battle, and their weapons are All Assault to boot! the Orks even have one weapon for outranging the sisters of battle, and they are strictly for assault, wheras sisters are strictly for mass bolter fire and are trapped in this quandry of whether they are too far or too close from their opponents. Their are other armies who have less units than the sisters, the Necrons and Dark Eldar, and those armies have something to outrange the sisters too. Just because the sisters are a close fire/mass bolter/cleansing fire army is no excuse for GW to penalize us into a strategy. Yes Penalize, because unlike Blood angels who are tempted into a new strategy with additional rewards, we are stripped of any ability that could allow us to do any other strategy.
    And THAT is why I think the sisters are a Standing army. Feal free to make comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My head hurts....

Seriously, I was just wondering what could be considered as the "witches".
    Is it anyone who is unloyal to the Imperium and the faith in the God-emperor? That is to say what is fighting the Ordo Malleus and the Ordo Xenos or the Ordo Hereticus is just dedicated to immolate human deviant cultists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Yes,

As teh name suggests Ordeo Herticus is to deal with heretics - those who deny the faith, your lack of knowledge in this area is alarming, please report to your nearest Convent for educational reasignment
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Closed Thread