Infiltrate army,effective or not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infiltrate army,effective or not?

I was thinking about taking the traits Take the Fight to them and See but don't be Seen.

Would this work? I figure that it would take at least to 2 turns to charge, but your charge is

almost assured.

My army would have at least three full squads of cc marines one lead by a chaplian.

I would also have other 5 man tac squads with heavy weapons farther back to provide

conver.

Is this tactic good or should I just stick with the Drop Pod tactic. I played the Drop Pod tactic

before and didn't really like the unpredictability of the list.

Any replies would be appreciated. I f you would like to see an army list just ask and i'll

attempt to give one. It would be about 1000pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Since the point cost of Infiltrate versus a droppod are the same for a full-sized tactical squad I would opt for the latter. It gets you closer to your opponent without risking too many losses on the run. But it depends who you play against, I'd say.
    Sometimes it may better to intercept the enemy's advance with your charging infiltrators and it may be a real drawback not being able to control when reinforcements will arrive. At 1,000 points it is indeed somewhat risky as you will probably not have more than 3 pods. When numbers grow, statistics become more reliable. If you have 6 dropping squads you can pretty much count on having 5 down to earth in your third turn.

Remember the advantage the additional stormbolter gives you. I may seem small, but against hordes it may make a difference having a handful of them. But at 1,000 points it's probably less of a gamble to infiltrate.
    I'll be very interested in what others think. I have no experience, so don't count on what I say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well an all infiltrate army tends to make the game over faster and more action packed.

It can be more effective dependign on who your amy is playing against. Personally I have found that it is most often best to throw every at them at once not always possible with drop pods. And remember it takes the same amount of turns to charge in either situation. So it is really a preferance choice. If your other squads are smaller infiltrate them and drop the bigger squads for the bonous weapon and cover. Just my thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Depends on who your enemy is. If you want to keep them on their backs scared, dropping maybe a sound plan.

but dropping will screw you over, if your squads do not all arrive at the same time..

you dont want this to happen:

squad number one drop

*blast blast boom boom boom* Dead.

squad number two drop

*blast blast boom boom boom* Dead.

etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x4)

Infiltrate Armies

Well, in a word, yes.

Infiltrate armies do work quite well. Obviously they work better on some oponents then on others. I assume from your second traight that this will be a close combat infiltrating army.
    They do work, and are more reliable then drop pod armies. Whether to combine it with firesupport squads or not really depends on who you are playing. Against other assault oriented armies, they probably wont be necessary and may even be a hunderance. Obviously your going to have many of your LOS's blocked by close combats starting on turn 2 and this could really invalidate your fire support squads. However, against an army more focused on shooting or vehicles, they will be indespensible.

In any case, the real problem with all infiltrating armies is that, if infiltration isnt allowed, your pretty screwed. If you always play with infiltration, then that isnt a problem and I would highlly recommend this type of list.
    Mentor of Space Marine Commanders far and wide.

Efficiency VS Point Cost VS Ease Of Use - Your best bets:

1) Chaplain led Assault squad - 2 plasma pistols, powerfisted sergeant

2) 8 man Devastator squad - 4 missile launchers

3) Land Speeder Tornado - HB + AC

+ Reply to Thread