Upgrading Dark Angels Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels

I have a Dark Angels Force of:

HQ
    Force Commander
    Chaplain

Troops
    Dark Angels Tactical Squad
    Plasma Cannon
    Space Marine Tactical Squad
    Missile Launcher

Elites
    Deathwing Terminator Squad
    Sarge
    2 Lightning Claws
    1 Thunder Hammer
    Cyclone Missile Launcher
    Assault Cannon

Heavy Support
    Dev Squad
    Sarge
    2 Lascannons
    2 Plasma Cannons

Anyone have any advice on how to expand the army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Ahem*
    I see no scouts... you need to fix that (check the sig on my name)

Um, are you using the DA codex? I mean force commander is a generic term that has a DA equivalent, but it just seems odd to say it like that.

Both Tactical squads are ten men strong?? If not there is a start.

I see no tanks...

If you wanted to, you could expand your terminators to two squads, one heavy fire support, the other close combat.

You might make the sergeant of the DA tactical squad a veteran Deathwing, since he has the robes on...

Whats your strategy for game play? I see very little in terms of close assult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah, i play tau, and ive juss moved onto a space marine army...im not sure what is best for them yet, because ive never really seen any good space marine players

i suppose i can get a couple of scouts...and yeah, ur right, i meant grand master instead of force commander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by xMysticx@Apr 21 2003, 18:47
    i suppose i can get a couple of scouts...
    Don't sweat the scouts, its just thats the only troops selection i take, an all scout army with a few tanks. so i am a bit bias... However scouts are EXCELLENT at closecombat for their points cost, and they don't take up fast attack slots. Upgrade the scout sergeant to a Deathwing Veteran, throw in a power weapon, works wonder. In all honesty I would avoid any other scouts choice other than close combat scouts, unless your really into snipers or something. (FYI the box set of scouts is $4 cheaper then buying them by blister packs or mail order)

Make a theme for your army is my advice, like i said My theme is all scouts. DA can have ravenwing and deathwing themes. pick a company from the chapter roster in the back of the codex and get cracking, or mix and match. But if you get a theme going it helps you in the direction your army will grow.

Honestly, its not glamourus but there ain't a damn thing wrong with adding another tactical squad to your ranks. maybe tack on some rhinos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any advice on how to expand the army?
    I would focus on getting some fast attack; like a couple of Landspeeders or MY favorite some Assault Marines w/ Vet sgt. Then give your Chaplain jumppack and let him join the Assault squad
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels

I've decided to have a fast moving army, using lots of transports

what would be good heavy support choices?

and what would two good scout squads consist of?
    first focusing on cc
    second focusing on shooting power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, I'd relocate your plasma cannons to the dev squad and your lascannons to your tac squads, as it is more important to be able to split targets with your lascannons. Plasma cannons are great for wiping out a squad a turn when you have four. Add in an apothecary with narthecium and a techmarine with a signum to make the squad uber-nasty! Second, pick a role for your terms. Either close assault or shooting but not both. I agree on the scouts as well, convert sergeants with power weapons and bolt or plasma pistols...it's nasty (maybe even a power fist or a lightning claws&#33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I really think you should do is invest in another tactical squad. People with Space Marines hardly ever consider doing more than two tactical squads. If you work another ten man squad in there thats ten more 3+ saves that you have to fail. Plus it gives your army more flexabilty to intersept and reinforce certain areas. Another plasma cannon couldn't hurt now could it?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght." -Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels

I wuz thinking about forming 2 tactical squads and putting them in rhinos
    and then forming 2 squads of 6 men each, specializing in close quarter combat in razorbacks to spearhead attacks
    then add 2 more scout squads with selected specialties to infiltrate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

.Sounds good. For heavy support I'd take a predator with lascannons, to get some more anti-tank stopping power, and just for fun throw in a vindicator (or a whirlwind, probably a much better bargain if you play against non-power armoured opponents often). Personally I like the flexibility of the terminator squad, though I'd probably go for mainly close combat guys and 2 guys with cyclones per squad. That way you can do some shooting on tough targets while you're closing in on the opponent.

btw I disagree with firehawks916 about putting the lascannons in the tac squads. Sure splitting lascannon fire can be usefull, but it means a lot of bolter shots will go to waste as generally you'll shoot at stuff the bolters can't hurt with the lascannon-wielding squad. Though that's just my filosophy, feel free to disagree
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast