Trust Your Brother or Take the Fight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Trust Your Brother or Take the Fight

Now that I have my Black Templars settled down into a mechanized list that I rather enjoy (it tends to get blown up a lot... but it's fun when it works) I'm working on a shooty list that should have much more consistent performance. I've already decided to take Honor Your Wargear as one of my traits and I intend on taking a core of a pair of tank hunting ML dev squads and four tactical squads kitted out for CC along with a heavy weapon. The hope, of course, is to have enough shooting goodness that I can expect my opponents to want to close in on me. For almost all of my regular opponents, this won't he a huge problem.

The only big decision I have left to make is how to kit my tactical squads out for close combat. Trust Your Battle Brothers does give the superior ability as far as I'm concerned. True Grit + Counter Charge really is about as close to perfect as I'm going to get. However, for the points I spend on that I could pick up some other nice things or simply fill my squads out to a full 10 marines each. Take the Fight to Them doesn't significantly reduce the total number of attacks I'll get (including shooting at incoming infantry) assuming that my enemy wants to get me in close combat, it also frees up nearly 100 points which I could spend to beef up my HQ (which could use it) and add something like a LST. Assuming I can shoot with the LST for a few turns, it's quite possible that it'll kill more than the extra bolter fire would have, plus it gives my fairly static list some extra mobility should it need it.

What are your thoughts or experience on the two options?

You play your game, I'll play mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally would take the trust in your battle brothers one as it seems more characteristic on for a shooty unit and it shall mean that you can fire your bolters at full range

+ Reply to Thread