starting imperial guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting imperial guard

ok to start with i have always wanted to make a conventional imperial guard army but i have never had the money or patience.
    so i came up with a new idea, i have always loved the renegade ww1 models so i think i am going to use them since i hardly ever play instore, but for £27 yo get 32 troops(all metal) and you also get 2 machine guns which i intend to use as heavy bolters,there are so much cool stuff like the cavarly you get 12 cavalry models so u could have 2 sqauds of rough riders,im also thinking about using arrtillery peices as basilisks.
    i think the doctrines i will be using will be:

sharpshooters-fighting for a long time so are adept at shooting
    iron discipline-used to seeing their comrades die so they will not be as affected
    vetrans-again been fighting for a long time so many vetran units
    hardened-fighters-same as above
    possibly light infanttry to show that it is an infantry company so they will be good on all types of terrain.

so here is the idea,i intend to make an army that is based on ww1 models, but make the history diffent but im stuck for ideas any ideas would be very welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

It sounds good, as long as the models are properly representative and you explain what they are prior to the battle, I don't see a problem, however special weapons might be a problem. Have you considered converting Imperial weapons onto them?

Also, are they 25mm? Because I could see some people taking issue if they are in the wrong scale.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I thought it was 28mm, can't be bothered getting off my arse to check though.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ye i thought it was 28mm and if so then yes they are, with the box sets you get some lewis gunners which i am going to use as grenade launchers because that they are going to be trench fighters there favourite:special weapon-grenade launcher
    heavy weapon-heavy bolter

i also want to get across the idea that they are an infantry company so no vehicles at all that is why im using the artillery pieces as basilisks

+ Reply to Thread