I hear tell around the campfire that there are new AC rules... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

I hear tell around the campfire that there are new AC rules...

Being a former AC obsessed person back in 3rd edition I was wondering where said rules can be found (white dwarf, link to GW pdf, whatever) and I'm also wondering if it's 100% legal yet.

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

games workshop website for chapter approved. in canada it's not GT or Conflict legal. it is sometimes legal in small tournaments like the one going on in edmonton right now which i entered an armoured company in and i don't expect to place 1st!! haha. seriously though, armoured copmpany in a game can go good or you could get decimated. i wiped out a space marine and got a draw against a tyranid. 6 games left to play in the tournament hopefully i don't face a necron.. or more than one necron.... i'd be estatic if i win 50% of the games i play in this tournament. i'm going to have to go back to a more traditional guard list. 2 games a day times 4 days .. 8 games..2 down, 6 to go

Armoured Company Fluff and Rules
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperia...edcompanies/1/

Imperial Guard Fluff!, Rules and more!!!
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/
    Last edited by NTFH; March 14th, 2006 at 05:27.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Thank you.

Also, the bane of an Armoured Company is a d-lance heavy Dark Eldar army. If I recall correctly you can get like 28 dark lances in an army (9 on 3 ravagers, 12 in 6 sniper squads, 3 on wych raiders, and 4 in 2 HQ's). Which no matter what army someone is going against if they get the first turn they can totally wipe the board of anything that may cause them problems. I used to play an army like this and it was beautiful in practice.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Darnit, the computer lagged out on me and I accidentally double posted not thinking I'd hit the button. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by archonofdeath; March 14th, 2006 at 06:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new AC rules give you doctines so you can negate that lance AV12 rule. Makes your tanks expensive, but the doctrines really give your tanks character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best options for armoured company in my opinion:

-Leman Russ

-Leman Russ Exterminator (doctrine point) **tank ace, Hull H Bolter, Sponson H Bolters, Pintle Heavy Stubber, Turret Twin Linked Autocannon, Side Skirts... i use this configuration.. it makes mincemeat..**

-Evasive Driving (doctrine point)

-Anti-Tank Rounds (doctrine Point)

-Tank Ace (boosts BS of vehicle)

-Hellhound

-Side Skirts (doctrine point)

-Chimera as an option without passengers. lots of firepower for under 100pts depending on how you configure it.

-Storm Troopers in Chimeras (boost your numbers and gives you a bit more flexible tactics to work with)

Worst options for armoured company:

-Leman Russ Conqueror: costs more than exterminator and does the same damage

-Tank Hunter Destroyer: high cost. this is iffy. yeah it's really strong but uses small blast.. not ordance and anti-tank rounds kill tanks a lot better. not ordnance so you have to use BS to hit not the scatter. so you may not even put the blast down.
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath
    Also, the bane of an Armoured Company is a d-lance heavy Dark Eldar army. If I recall correctly you can get like 28 dark lances in an army (9 on 3 ravagers, 12 in 6 sniper squads, 3 on wych raiders, and 4 in 2 HQ's). Which no matter what army someone is going against if they get the first turn they can totally wipe the board of anything that may cause them problems. I used to play an army like this and it was beautiful in practice.
    If a Dark Eldar tools your list against your Armoured Company by loading up Dark Lances, then you counter using Doctrine: Blessed Hull on all of your Russes. That way your tank will ignore the lance effect of a Dark Lance leaving him with 6's to glance you.

Not that I can understand why anyone would want to play a game with armies like that. It doesn't seem like much fun.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

machine god's blessing actually
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    If a Dark Eldar tools your list against your Armoured Company by loading up Dark Lances, then you counter using Doctrine: Blessed Hull on all of your Russes. That way your tank will ignore the lance effect of a Dark Lance leaving him with 6's to glance you.

Not that I can understand why anyone would want to play a game with armies like that. It doesn't seem like much fun.
    I used to play a DE army like that. The ultimate tooled out shooty army. 5 squads of 10 DE with 2 d-lances, 3 ravegers, and an Archon on a raider. And a ton of jetbikes.

That was a fuuuuun fun army to play. I kind of just sat there shooting stuff and my Archon cleaned everything up. That was a blast playing. I won about 2/3 of my hames with it.

~~Addition~~

Do you have to get doctrines? I don't really like them as they limit the army too much...

Also, how it says that the Aces and Commanders much have as many points in Doctrines as any other tank in the army. Does this include Aces and Commanders. Like say I were to take an Exterminator as a Cammander and a Lemon Russ as an Ace, then if I were to put Anti-Tank Rounds on the Ace (thus getting a Vanquisher for 15 points less) would I then have to spend that many points on my Commander?
    Last edited by archonofdeath; March 16th, 2006 at 04:22.

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by NTFH
    machine god's blessing actually
    Really? Must have confused it with the Blessed Hull from the Black Templar codex that does the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath
    That was a fuuuuun fun army to play. I kind of just sat there shooting stuff and my Archon cleaned everything up. That was a blast playing. I won about 2/3 of my hames with it.
    I was refering to the game where everyone tooled their lists against eachother scenario I mentioned above. Tooling up to beat an armoured company list only to discover that the Armoured Company has upgraded all their tanks to be almost immune to your primary anti-tank weapon.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast