Assassins- Which Is The Best? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I'm trying to decide what kind of assassin to use in a Teleporty GK Army. In general, what do you think is the best all-around assassin to choose? The vindicare looked good to me...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with the Caddulas because she will throw a cog in the enemy's plan. Not to mention she can show up with your teleport squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id say a vindicare too so you can take those pesky independant characters out and anything else that takes your fancy, even vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicares are awfully cool cause of their marksmen ability, specially when you take out that Tau Etheral and cause half their squads to run away like sissys but the other assassins are not to be overlooked. Eversor is a absolute death machine in combat, specailly on the charge, callidus can be a right pain in the arse and culexeus absolutley slauther anything thats psycic. In my army im tossing up between a eversor and a vindicare, leaning towards the vindicare because i need the extra firepower (radical daemonhunters arent that shooty)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally take a Vindicare asassin as it can deal with heavy weapons troops in tactical squad as well as annoying characters, plus if anyone gets to close the exitus pistol is handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should check out this thread : http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=5183

As I posted there, I'd go for the calidus assassin for tactical flexibility and it would combine nicely with your teleporting grey knights.

The vindicare will only kill 2-4 models per game (on average)....

lekrist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but those two to four models could be very important and the army may rely on them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know that that is extremely rare.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been pondering whether it would be worth adding assasins to my army as well. The Callidus assasin is intriguing for the reasons stated above. The Death-Cult assasins also make another hard-hitting CC unit. Do any of you have experiences that you could share where you used your assasins in game and they were either particularly effective...or ineffective? Thanks much. Look forward to reading your posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Thanks for the thread, lekrist. I think the death cults are pretty worthless myself, unless maybe your playing a radical inquisitor and youre really hurting for some close combat. However, the enemy will take them down in a blaze of dissappointment real fast (although its not a HUGE point loss). Also, they arent THAT great in cc and oftentimes they will get beaten in combat. The calidus and vindicare are my top two choices. People always bash the vindicare saying it will only kill a few models in combat. There are a few points they overlook. Firstly, these can be very bothersome units (stuff with heavy weapons, chars, etc.). Secondly, pinning. The vindicare can strategically pin while killing the heaviest threats at the same time. Thirdly, conjunction with other units as the ultimate support. Is your gray knight squad about to get charged by a squad with a power weapon or somthing equally dangerous? Take out the leader and possibly pin them, both reduicing the threat and allowing your fighters to get more shooting and the charge next round (if they fail the pinning). For a tactician, this can be invaluable. The callidus is worthy as well. She can move one of their units before the game starts, which can be awesome for whatever army you play and whatever opponent youre up against (sometimes its fun to move a unit right on top of your orbital strike zone tee hee hee). Her weapon plain rocks versus any HQ. She can work awesomely with teleporting GK's because of her deep strike. She ALWAYS gets into CC at least once, so she gets the chance to work on that bothersome commander. She can jump back for whatever reasons (to run or to jump back, fire (with other units possibly as well), and enjoy the charge.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast