Mechanized Infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this is my first post here and hopefully i'll have more luck here in getting responses.

What are some tips for army comp. and tactics w/ a Mechanized Infantry army. I'm toying w/ an army list, but its so hard, b/c all the chimera's take a huge chunk of the army out.

Thanx for any and all responses about mech. infantry.

Loomis

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you wont have a lot of infintry in a steel legion army. I would suggest a couple of ordinance weapons. It is a mobile army with mainly all tanks so you don't always have to sit and shoot. The first things you aim for is the stuff that can take down your tanks in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to do a tank heavy army or an army of all mounted infantry (mostly/only APCs)? If you want an all tank army use the armoured company list from Chapter Approved. Also, how many points are you trying to make a list for? Tanks and APCs become much more managable as the points values go up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not gonna use the armored company, b/c its not tournament legal. My army is gonna be based on the Germans in WWII. So that means no mutants. i'm shooting for 1500 pts as of now, but well likely expand. i figure i'll look at the new forgeworld chimera variant w/ the autocannon turrent to make the chimeras more tank looking (they'll represent my panzers as they are most abbundant) then i'll have a Leman Russ (Tiger), and a Basilisk (i forget the name, but the Germans had quite a few BIG guns [one needed 4 train cars on 2 railroad tracks in order to move]). Since i want to take this to a tourny sometime i wanna try and get more then 2 troop choices for comp.

Thanx for responding, been more helpful then the other msg boards i've been on

Loomis

Closed Thread