Great Commander Combination - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Commander Combination

I was wondering what a good combination to make a commander in a Blood Angel's Army... The thing is I'm about to buy the box set because i need a power fist for my scout squad, and now i know i'm gonna have a lot of spare parts... I was also thinking of just using the parts to make my own Chaplain, can't wait for the jump pack one, and i'll just buy the jump pack spruce for it. But for now, if i can't buy all the parts for the Converted Chaplain, what is the best Combination for a Jump Pack Commander/Regular Commander, and what Squad would he excel at with this combination?

"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best combo for the Jump Pack Chaplain or Commander would be the Assault squad! With jump packs...

Here is how my Assault squad looks.

Master of Sanctity - Crozious / Power Fist / Frags / Rosarius / Jump Pack
    Sergeant - Combi-Melta / Power Fist / Terminator Honours / Teleport Homer / Frags / Melta Bombs / JP
    2 Assault Marines - Plasma Pistols / Chain Swords / Frags / Melta Bombs / JP
    4 Assault Marines - Bolt Pistols / Chain Swords / Frags / Melta Bombs / JP

These dudes destroyed a CC Carnifex in the last game I played. Ended up being a total of 7 Power Fist attacks (re-roll to wound remember) that took down the beast in the first round of CC.
    Bolter Blasting Blizzard = Victory

BringerOfStormsGallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

blloda ngels......hmm

DEFINATELY........ death company, with a deathcompany chaplain....with a vet sergeant with a power fist and chaplain with lightning clws maybe....other wise a assauklt squad, with 1 flamer 1 plasma

also..........you could bnever take a carni down like that....they are not re-roll wounds.but misses. but maybe with the melta.then maybe.
    Last edited by CaptShrike; March 27th, 2006 at 19:09.
    The commandments of the space marines
    1) thou shalt not put a 'honk if u think im sexy sticker on the sisters rhino
    2)C-3P0 is NOT a necron ambasador
    3) thou shalt not ask a banshee, to karaoke
    4)thou shalt not ask the inquisition to bring down the exterminatus on you ex-wife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, re-roll to hit, not to wound. Yeah the combi did a wound. The Fex started with 5 wounds, lost one to the combi, and lost four more to the two fists, Chaplain did three I think and the Sergeant did one.

Why would it just be maybe? 3 Str 8 attacks from the Sergeant (loses extra attack for combi), and 6 Str 8 attacks from the Chaplain, all that reroll to hit on the charge? Sounds like four wounds would be more probable, than possible.
    Last edited by BringerOfStorms; March 28th, 2006 at 00:44.

BringerOfStormsGallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO I wouldn't take a captain or a master, always take a DC Chappy (They are just too good to not control) and if you feel the need to take a second HQ I would recommend a SHP w/ nar/red (Curbolo is awesome). Many BA players overlook the SHP now that the chap. has just about the same abilities.

Let The Blood of our enemies flow!!!

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I'ld say a master w/ power weapon, bolt pistol, terminator honours, combat shield, frags. only 117pts and can definetly hold his own. Best when combined with a tac squad.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a SHP as my second HQ the chappy is my 1st.
    If you want a commander then put him with a tactical squad with vet sgt with PF, melta gun and heavy bolter.
    Give the commander anything but a PF. He will strike to slow and any decent opponent will remove the guy he is in base to base with so he won't strike and if they have something to kill your commander with they will try to kill him before he strikes.
    Take advantage of his speed and give him something master crafted or a lightning claw. If you want to keep points down a single claw and a storm shield will give him a 4+ inv in combat for heaps less than an iron halo. Or if you have a few spare points take the iron halo and a wepon combo from below:

2x Lightning claws
    1x LClaw and storm bolter
    1x LClaw and combi melta
    PSword and plasma pistol
    Psword and bolt pistol
    In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity look to the madman to show the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary lord
    I use a SHP as my second HQ the chappy is my 1st.
    If you want a commander then put him with a tactical squad with vet sgt with PF, melta gun and heavy bolter.
    Give the commander anything but a PF. He will strike to slow and any decent opponent will remove the guy he is in base to base with so he won't strike and if they have something to kill your commander with they will try to kill him before he strikes.
    Take advantage of his speed and give him something master crafted or a lightning claw. If you want to keep points down a single claw and a storm shield will give him a 4+ inv in combat for heaps less than an iron halo. Or if you have a few spare points take the iron halo and a wepon combo from below:

2x Lightning claws
    1x LClaw and storm bolter
    1x LClaw and combi melta
    PSword and plasma pistol
    Psword and bolt pistol
    Bah, Dont listen to this guy he doesnt know what hes talking about!:lol:
    Just joking Adam....

Well if you want to have a commander in your army then you shouldnt try to make him anything flashy because if thats what you want then you might as well go for Death Company instead
    Anyway the config i like to give my Blood Angels commander is a simple one.I give him just the following...
    Iron Halo
    Power Weapon
    Bolt Pistol
    Terminator Honours (he might aswell pack a punch right?)
    Frags
    Sometimes i like to give him artificer armour even though it is expensive i find it useful sometimes and the 2+ is real nice and often saves him,but its certainly not neccasary and if you are looking to keep the points low then dont include this.
    And in your case you want to give him a Jump Pack, so add that in too...

I wont go into Sanguinary High Preists because this isnt what the thread is about,but they are pretty nifty and worth considering to try out.
    Good Luck with your commander mate and may he do well on the battlefeild!
    Cheers,
    Tycho
    Last edited by Tycho; March 28th, 2006 at 09:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if this is gonna be a stupid thing to add in, (First off this aint the stupid part) but thanks for the ideas, i was closely thinking of buying the command squad and commander and some jump pack spruces and covert some models to sorta make a SHP and a cool looking champion for no particular reason (now here is the stupid part) but i was gonna go play against horde armies as a go, and i know off the back that i'm a "rush and hope for the best" type of person, trying to get all my units into close combat. And i like the rules for the commander seeing that the master has leadership 10 and every unit on the field can use his leadership. So in short words i'm gonna be outnumbered and i could use his leadership to stay into the battle, then again it might be just a waste..

For now, i'm just gonna buy the commander box set, take it's powerfist, place it on my scout, and make a commander
    Last edited by Sorrowsky; March 28th, 2006 at 21:44.

"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take two commanders! Or take the Chaplain like everyone said, and take a very cheap master and just keep him hidden out of the way, so you get the leadership! I have used a master for a rear guard, counter assault type dude, and he worked well. He was hanging back supporting my firebase Dreadnought.

BringerOfStormsGallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast