Grey knight custom army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey knight custom army

Hello,

I've been playing Ultramarines for about five years now and have this friend that plays Grey knights/marines. He loves to have his army totally customized. He used to just make super-powerful special characters but now his gone farther. I was wondering if anyone out there would play against this army. Well, here goes.

PROS-
    -The Daemonhunters and spave marine codexes can be used together as if only one codex. No restrictions whatsoever.(e.g. you could equip psycannons to space marine units or equip heavy weapons to grey knights)
    -You can exceed the 100 points wargear limit per character/sergeant.
    -normal space marines get the shrouding and grey knight's get and they shall know no fear.

CONS-
    -All the anti-chaos special rules are negated.

Personally, I never vs. him because he refuses to play with a normal set of rules then he just calls me a wuss. It would be great to hear other people's opinions if you would play against this.

Any thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Uh, so he's combining all the advantages of two armies, with none of either army's weaknesses? He may call you a wuss, but he's cheating to an enormous degree (unless you actually play against this, in which case its partly your fault for allowing it!).

I'm sorry, but this kind of style would get laughed out of my local store in an instant. And we definitely wouldn't play him at home if he's such a poor sport that he calls people names when they dislike his rule breaking.

Just point out that what he's doing is akin to mixing any two armies together. SM and CSM both wear power armor, so let's combine them! Eldar and Dark Eldar share ancestry, so lets make them one army, and thrown Harlequins in while we're at it! Heck, it's no better than mixing Tau and Orks for that matter. If he insists that its ok, mix your two favorite armies together in the same way that he did his and see what happens.
    Last edited by mEGALOMANIAC; March 29th, 2006 at 07:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah he is a CHEATER! Actually that sounds almost so similar to something my 'friend' did...

I would beat him but I just got feed up with playing with against a rigged army.:wacko:

EDIT: You are in no way a wuss, if anything he's the wuss cause he has to cheat to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youre not allowed to take normal space marines alongside grey knights... and for good reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Khobai
    youre not allowed to take normal space marines alongside grey knights... and for good reason.
    Actually untrue. If you have an SM army, you may have DK (and therefore GK) allies. If you have a DH army with GK in it, you may NOT use inducted SM. So there is a way to get them in the same army legally. But not at all like how this fellow did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in a million years would I play against this army.

He needs to visit GW where he will get a probper understanding of how to play fair and have fun, people like to have fun, balanced games and they can do that with the hard well thought out armies that are printed in the codex. Combineing Codexs and adding or subtracking rule bonuses, should only be done with very good friends at home with the shades drawn, Its just a bit of mucking around that should not be taken to serously, and not every one is that keen in vs someone who manipulates the rules for their advantage.
    Last edited by AJ Tyrant; March 29th, 2006 at 12:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot

Thanks alot guys, now I know I'm not alone. I'll keep up my strategy on not playing against him until he grows some sense.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric101
    Thanks alot guys, now I know I'm not alone. I'll keep up my strategy on not playing against him until he grows some sense.

Thanks again.

Definitely - While I personally would kill for the chance to toss a Lascannon/Meltagun/Plasmacannon here and there with my GK's (I really miss heavy firepower), and I wouldn't exactly complain about my Marines getting to play with Shrouding..... That's going way, way, waaaaay too far. <_< (N)

Hey - Just for kicks...

Imagine bringing your own custom army next time - take Devastators as Heavy, Troops and Elites, then mix in several Broadsides as whatever you have left. Broadsides can move and shoot (they're... built with Dreadnought parts... yeah, that'll do it... :shifty: ^_^ ), and the Dev squads get that handy Tau no plasma overheat rule :wub: (that is how it works, right?). Laugh as his army dissolves in a sea of Plasma hellfire and railgun slugs on turn 1!! :lol: Then call him names when he complains, just to drive the point home.

Heh... Ah, wishful thinking...
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

haha if he does that play nids and SM......jump pack broodlord and chaplain backed up by drop pod Genestealers carrying assault cannons. THE WORLD IS MINE!

or genes in termi armor....u know.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Yes, your friend is an imbecile. No one in their right mind can play that list and expect anyone to agree unless they are a total moron themselves.

Your friend lets his ignorance slip when he allows GK's to take "And They Know No Fear". Why do Fearless troops even need that rule, as they will NEVER fail a morale test (plus, since all GK are SM, it's sort of a given anyway)? He is a fool.

Do your "friend" a favor and invest in a brain for him.

What a putz.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast