Rush and Dump - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush and Dump

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Rush and Dump

I've done a bit of searching here, but I figured it was best to ask the experts.

Went into my local store tonight and picked up a few multimelta Sisters (creating a Ret squad). One of the workers at the store suggested taking the MMs and putting them into a Rhino or Immolator, so that I could drive up, dump out the squad, and let them take shots at whatever I find.

However, since the MMs are Heavy Weapons, they can't drive up, disembark and shoot on the same turn, can they?

I've read in a few other posts that Dominions (and most other squads) can do that, but I am assuming that is because they have assault or rapid fire weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

ya u cant rush and dump hvy weapons. he suckered u into buying MM retribs... ALWAYS use heavy bolters.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True... but they can pop the top of the Rhino and shoot on the way there in their "open topped" vehicle. After that they dump out and are worthless for a turn... so yeah small issues... sounds like the guy you talked to is a future Rulzboy candidate... LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderer
    True... but they can pop the top of the Rhino and shoot on the way there in their "open topped" vehicle. After that they dump out and are worthless for a turn... so yeah small issues... sounds like the guy you talked to is a future Rulzboy candidate... LOL.
    A vehical is only open topped in this situation if passengers arn't wearing power armour. But I do know movement restrictions still apply when it comes to shooting from within a vehical. So you can't move and shoot a heavy weapon which is carried by a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    ya u cant rush and dump hvy weapons. he suckered u into buying MM retribs... ALWAYS use heavy bolters.
    I do know what the gamesworkshop staff was on, it wasn't suckering it was more of using them to the best. You can't really call multi-meltas long range so in order to enable them to get good coverage it's a good idea to get a transport to take them up 12" and diembark for the first turn.

I must admit I don't like multi-melta retributors. I have my own squad of them and buying 4multi-meltas for 100pts is costly. I would much rather go for a dominion squad with 4 meltaguns or at least leave the anti-tank to something else.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retributors with MMs are best used in a table with lots of terrain and then only on foot (unless you want an immolator with MM to back them up). The only reason I'd see for retributors in a transport would be to take out static vehicles to which your exorcists don't have LoS, but then again you'd a)need a rhino because 5 sisters doing that would probably die so 10 would be the best bet, and b)fast moving infantry like the seraphim with inferno pistols are better for such missions. For best results of the tactic you want, use dominions with meltaguns as the previous posters have written, it is cheaper and more efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I think it was an honest mistake that the salesman said MMs can disembark and shoot.
    Most players use the Assault Meltagun with great success, and it's a lot cheaper.

I have 1 MM model and I have yet to use it. I think it's one of the worst deals in the book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep leave anti-tank to non-flamer dommy's and exorcists the rets are stars when they are equipped with their heavy'bs but fall pathetically short with anythin else
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Second Company Apothecary SentryKiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Good to know. I have several meltas on order (STILL!!!), so the Immolator will be saved for the Doms with those.

As for the salesperson - it was a Rogue Trader, not GW store specifically. I should have checked here first.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford981
    How can an entire army of intolerant, homicidal female pyromaniacs not be fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Don't despair:

If you are ever the Defender in a scenario and they have to come to you, well then four MM gunners which can get a 3+ Invulnerable save with an AoF is a pretty tough nut to crack.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

As montford says, MM sister can be very usefull against assault armies when you are the defender and they are mechanised, but otherwise are a bit useless, particullary if you have the proscribed amount of exorcists.
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast