New Sisters Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i'm not really a SoB player yet, its just my next army i plan to collect. I currently have a substantial Black Legion army but i want to go into another arena soon. I think that Sisters would be a great choice. In chosing a new army I wanted one that was not played that much. So really my choices were down to Sister and Dark Eldar. I really liked the idea of Dark Eldar but the tactics and modeling that i could do with sisters i really looked forward to.

So my question to sisters player, if any here, coming from a chaos background with substancial emphasis placed on fast attack, what would you recommend for a starter force? And by fast attack i don't mean just fast attack slots, just a swift army with a punch, like a retributor squad in a immolator.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can never have too many flamers! I also think the Exorcist is quite nasty, even though it's a bit fragile and unpredictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I'd say for starters one or 2 SoB troops squads, a Redemption squad and a SoB squad with rhino would be good. I'd mix weapons in each squad, in other words use a meltagun and a flamer combo rather than duplicate weapons. For tactics you can check out the other posts in this forum, and I think our sis can help you better than we can (when she returns from wherever she is) .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like specialized type units. For smaller games, which i probably will be playing when i start i may use the multi weapons in one unit.

The exorcist is a really sweet model, at least the FW one. I like the look of the launcher. and i can live with the unpredictibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe, FLAMERZ, fire fire fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

:o Do thine eyes dicieve me (ahh I can&#39;t spell&#33&#33;&#33; A new SOB player? Well damn it, all my hard work that I posted up here and when someone actually is interested it all vanishes. Forget Black Rage I&#39;m gonna give a serious case of PMS to Blackhat.

Anyway, for a starter Sob, just stick to the basics: You need the standard one HQ and two troop choices as standard basic stuff. I suggest not going for a Canoness as of yet, she a big waste of points and money until you really beging to build on the army. Go for the Celestian Superior and take the bodyguard option. In that bodyguard make sure you have a Sister Famulous that way you can get a quick and cheap Imperial Guard squad to your army. A small Sob army needs help with their numbers as well as some front line cannon fodder so the guardsman are greatly used for this (I can hear all IG players scoffing, Yeah well I&#39;m a IG player too, but my sisters come first). Use them as a protective shield as your sisters do the heavy duty work. So that covers one troop choice. Continuing on the bodyguard: make sure you get a sister hospitaller and give her the Medicus ministorum, this is great since you&#39;ll need these sisters to stay alive for a while. And covers the HQ choice. AS for the second troop choice, well keep to a standard sob squad with full numbers. Always upgrade your sis. superior to vetran and give her a power sword as well as her trusty bolter. And at someone from the priestly deglagation into the squad, depending how many points you want to cover, the choice is your on which to get. But make sure you get those faith points in, and never hold back from useing them. They are great saviours until you have a strong enough army so you can whip lash back. I warn you howver playing sob at first is really tougth and the faith points can be confusing but remember the sisters have every possibility of winning, the emperor is with you and I&#39;m always here if you need some advice.
    Another tip is: DON&#39;T GET YOUR SOB FROM GW...the sisters are really expensive and I found that ebay has a great supply for sob at half the price. Only get what you truely need from GW and you can download the chapter approved section to print out from the GW site.

Anyway as for the posts I once had up here, I&#39;ll see if i saved them and try to repost them for you some time, since i thought i had some pretty good tactical info up here.

best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Sister_mel@Apr 28 2003, 11:46
    Anyway as for the posts I once had up here, I&#39;ll see if i saved them and try to repost them for you some time, since i thought i had some pretty good tactical info up here.
    It&#39;s still here, it&#39;s just kind of old. If you set it at the bottom of the forum to "from the beginning" instead of "last 30 days" you&#39;ll see them all.
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, i was thinking along the same lines as you guys. Now i just need to paint the rest of my chaos forces and round out that army. I think by winter i will be able to collect the army. Sounds like a long time, but in GW terms it&#39;s not really. I acutally should wait for the new codex to some out too. Just to make sure they don&#39;t get the short end of any stick, but that is highly unlikly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m a new Battle Sister player too. I have about 1000 pts and no real idea of what I&#39;m doing.
    How should I start off if I want to kill plenty of Special Characters/Titans/Hugely Cheesy models? (My main opponents love all of the above).

I currently have a Canoness with Celestians (standard bearer, hospitaller. No IG yet.)
    Eversor (using Codex Assassin rules)
    5 Preachers (using some 2nd ed lead scouts with a DA color scheme + fleur de lys (that flower thing usually on the should) on random armor plates)
    50-ish sisters, 6 assault weapons and 3 Heavy. All have squad markings, but I don&#39;t mind changing them if it helps in-game.
    Rhino
    Immolator

I also have a squad of seraphim I&#39;ll put together any day now... <_<

Also,
    - How hard is it to get Reds in Oz? (I assume a Necromunda box set might help, but I&#39;m not sure)
    - Are there any readily available Exorcist models outside of Forge World (or some other organisation I don&#39;t know much about), or should I just grab a Whirlwind and start painting more fleur de lys on the side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bryndon@May 2 2003, 07:38
    50-ish sisters, 6 assault weapons and 3 Heavy. All have squad markings, but I don&#39;t mind changing them if it helps in-game.
    Rhino
    Immolator
    50-ish Sisters and you&#39;re only at 1000 points...that seems a bit odd...
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast