Anti-Psyker Powers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Anti-Psyker Powers?

I was wondering if anyone would mind explaining the anti-pskyer powers the Grey Knights have. One of my main opponents is a GK player and I play Thousand Sons, a Chaos Legion that relies on psychic powers to win most battles. My opponent did a lot of stuff at different times, he ad no codex, and I was very confused. The way he did it, whenever I used a power, we made opposing rolls then added Ld, if he won, or we tied, my power was negated. Is this correct? I seemed to remember some sort of 4+ rule being mentioned. Anyone care to shed light on this?

(I apologize if this thread has been done before)

"If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

The rule is called the Aegis Special Rule. It allows any unit of Grey Knights to resist a power that requires a Psychic test by rolling the Grey Knights Leadership plus a D6. If it is MORE than the enemies LD+D6 the power is resisted. If it is EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN, the enemy power works.

Your opponent either did not know his codex well enough, or was decieving you on the rule as far as a tie goes.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer
    The rule is called the Aegis Special Rule. It allows any unit of Grey Knights to resist a power that requires a Psychic test by rolling the Grey Knights Leadership plus a D6. If it is MORE than the enemies LD+D6 the power is resisted. If it is EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN, the enemy power works.

Your opponent either did not know his codex well enough, or was decieving you on the rule as far as a tie goes.
    True, and next time you guys play, make sure hes has the codex, so you can look it up.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that an oppent had to pass the pyshic test for the aegis to work? and thousand sons pass automatically.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he use that on minor psychic powers as well? If so, Grey Knights are completely immune to minor psychic powers directed towards them.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimmers
    I thought that an oppent had to pass the pyshic test for the aegis to work? and thousand sons pass automatically.
    No. The Aegis test occurs whenever a GK squad is targeted. Then there is a Ld roll-off that isn't called a psychic test. So it still applies against Thousand Sons - they still have to roll to bypass Aegis, but if they do the TS psyker has no chance of failing their actual test. Or this is what the wording under Aegis leads me to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Thank you very much! This helps clear some things up. And Yes, Thousand Sons automatically pass all psychic tests. So it looks like I might be able to work around it better now. Thanks much.

So it only works against powers that specifically target GK or GK Termies? And, only works against powers the require a psychic test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only grey knights have Aegis so yeah GKTs and Gks, meanwhile..the way it says in the codex make it seem like it swings the other way. "When an enemy targets a Grey Knight unit with a power that requires a psychic test, roll D6 + Leader..."

Thousands sons never take Psychic tests for their powers, correct? Isn't this the same with tyranids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Well, this seems to be hitting the gray area now.

All powers the TS usually use (for the exception of Bold of Change) require psychic tests. The Chaos codex says we automatically pass any psychic tests we have to take. So I imagine, that the Aegis effect still applies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I use it whenever i played my bros thousands sons last....about the tyranids?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast