Do you thinkit would be dumb to play 2 marine armies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you thinkit would be dumb to play 2 marine armies?

Cuz i wanna play my Iron hands and my own DIY chapter. My DIY chapter will be using take the battle to them and the one that gives tactical and assault squads furious charge. So are the armies different enough or should i just stick to one...I would at least like to do my DIY chapter as a painting project. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Well I play 2 SM armies - actually, I could count it as 4 as per GW standards, but I basically play Dark Angels and a DIY infiltrating devastator army that I paint almost the same way. But the key is that the schemes are similar enough that I could use the MLs for the DA if I feel like it (which I do almost evey single time I use DA).

I know people who have 3 or 4 different marine armies, so don't worry. It's not uncommon.

Though I have to suggest that you istead start up Orks. They are really cool and there aren't enough ork players out there. I would play Orks but sadly I'm too devoted to DA and my income isn't enough to support 2 armies.

Just had to throw that in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing the same thing. I play BT but paint my templars with an additional highlight of red so that I can pass them off as one of my own DIY chapter. In the unlikely event that the BT codex suck big time in the future, I can always paint the shoulder pads black and pass them off as Ravenguard! (LOL!!!)

Playing a second army is literally a matter of personal preference. Most people I know would advise you to start a second army other than marines. But there are people out there who actually collect a few armies of the same marines, what more to say of marines from other chapters. Maybe because they have staying power, which appeals to hardcore 40K fans. Maybe their fluff is uber cool throughout the various incarnations of 40K editions. Whatever it is, do as you wish, and people will still envy you for being able to collect a 2nd or that 3rd army. At least I know I do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me alot of people play more than one marine army, especially if one happens to be DIY.
    I know of several myself,so don't be feeling its silly,or uncommon.
    If you want to ,go for it bud.
    MM

Senior Member Grand Master Belial's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Yes, I have a DA army and a Fallen DA Army as well. Though when I read your question I understood it to be using both in the same game. That is entirely possible. The Iron Hands can be 'training' your DIY chapter and that is why they are also on the field. The two Chapters could be on a crusade together like the Badab War Campaign.
    Last edited by Grand Master Belial; April 5th, 2006 at 13:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990

Though I have to suggest that you istead start up Orks. They are really cool and there aren't enough ork players out there. I would play Orks but sadly I'm too devoted to DA and my income isn't enough to support 2 armies.

Just had to throw that in there.
    Orks, Check!

I Think you should make your DIY chapter Chaos, that way you could play them either way,

Join the dark side!

NaRkO
    I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I don't think its dumb at all. After all, as the slogan goes: "Your nightmare millenium - Your rules!"

I would suggest that if your IH army is already sizeable, start a DIY army with combat patrol in mind. Its a much more achievable short term goal. It will also allow for expansion later. I was tempted to do a DIY army on top of my Dark Angels, but I went for Tau instead. I now have three large armies, careful planning and well considered spending is the key !

Soon you'll be saying "Two hundred thousand units are ready, with another million more well on the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently took up my second army, IG. I played afew friendly games proxing every marine I had to find out what army I liked. I even downgraded my chaplin to a cheapass gaunt.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I would almost go so far as to say it's dumb not to play multiple marine armies. There are a bunch of different styles to play, and since you already have a large number of models painted up and ready to go... why go through the hassle of painting another 50+ models when you only need to do 10? I'd stick to just one color scheme for everything though, unless you either 1) really want to paint another 50+ models or 2) like the look of an alliance of different chapters. If people give you a hard time, stick your tongue out at them and suggest that they learn to relax.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No WAY it's stupid bro! GO for it lol!

I play a DIY army that's Plain Jane Shooty/Asaulty balanced. I cna tweak them either way...but-

I also play Space Wolves, still SM but WAY different in terms of tacits, they both play completely different and in different ways.

Even staring a BA Cobat Patrol/500-1000 PT force just becasue their rules are so different, its easy tog et different games out from them.

Totally go with SM bro and if you were gonna switch to a NOn SM 2nd Army I'd say

Shooty=Tau/Eldar
    Assault= ORK ORK ORK!!!! (SOo cool
    Vehcile's= Imperial Guard

Be warned though, both IG and Orck present a deep pocketed financial investment lol. But I can tell you from 1st hand experience watching and losing to my little brother constantly that ORK spells FUN.

Semper Fidelus Imperialis

+ Reply to Thread