Twist to an armoured company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twist to an armoured company

Iv been looking into a nice little idea to go with my tanks (vanquisher executioner and a baneblade atm) but im not sure if you can do it.
    can you put a Vindicare Temple Assassin in with my tanks and stoorm troopers???
    if so that wud rock and the lord would be a handy boost to my army if tooled up right. iv looked at the point cost and it can be done with 3 squads of stormz and 3 vultures.
    Can anyone shed some light on this or does anyone have any other set ups with a twist for armoured companies?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as I know, you can still ally inquisition to guard, even armored company. However the rules are really fuzzy, you might want to ask around.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I'm sorry, but it isn't quite clear to me how this list works. If your army is based on an AC list, I don't think you're meeting the core requirements of Command Tank plus 2 Troop tanks (none of the tanks you listed are valid AC Troop choices and the stormies have to be mounted in Chimeras and count as Elites). Plus the Vultures max out your heavy choices, unless you meant Valkyries, which would still count as Elites in an AC.

Putting the HQ/Troops question aside, using an AC list, the 3 ST units use up all your Elite choices, so there's no room for a Vindicare. Using a traditional Guard list, you'd have to go Grenadiers to make the STs count as troops, but then you'd have problems with too many heavy choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told by most gw employees at my store on the issue of alling with others.
    the general consensus was
    "i dont see why not"
    "My troops can eat their belts. But my tanks gotta have gas."
    General George S. Patton
    my armies
    "They have a gun called the death arc!They are now my favorite 40k race!"me quoting about the xenarch
    The home page of my army
    http://www.bridesburg.net/anthonain_army/index.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by IGFreely
    I'm sorry, but it isn't quite clear to me how this list works. If your army is based on an AC list, I don't think you're meeting the core requirements of Command Tank plus 2 Troop tanks (none of the tanks you listed are valid AC Troop choices and the stormies have to be mounted in Chimeras and count as Elites). Plus the Vultures max out your heavy choices, unless you meant Valkyries, which would still count as Elites in an AC.

Putting the HQ/Troops question aside, using an AC list, the 3 ST units use up all your Elite choices, so there's no room for a Vindicare. Using a traditional Guard list, you'd have to go Grenadiers to make the STs count as troops, but then you'd have problems with too many heavy choices.
    I hope I'm not about to say something false, but I think he would want it to be like this:

HQ: Command Tank
    Troop 1: Russ
    Troop 2: Russ
    Troop 3: Grenadiers in a chimera
    Troop 4: Inquisitor in a chimera, either with his retinue or with grenadiers, if that's allowed
    Elite 1: Vindicare
    Elite 2 + 3: Either Valkyries, ST"s in Chimera's, or more tanks
    Heavies: Vultures or more tanks
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IGFreely

Have you read the imperial armouries book coz thats got everything in it?? The HQ choice can be any MBT (main battle tank) to then fill your 2 troop choices you can take 2 more tanks (if i remeber right still any MBT) but you must take a tank squadron commander (for each one of these you can take 1-2 tanks)
    So in all thats 4 tanks to form the core needed. from there im gonna add 1 more elite choice (commisar tank) , the 2/3 Squads of stormz (these count as fast attack and can be mounted in a valk if wanted) if iv worked this out right (i prob havent though) iv got enough points spare to either get vultures 1-2 and the 2 DH units 1 HQ and 1 elite.

So ill have 5 tanks,2 storm squads, 2 vultures (maybe 1??) and my Lord and an a assassin

If im wrong im mega sorry ill read up tonight on it and check

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are inducted allies from DH counted as elites? Because ISTs are troops...
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusGaiusCaesar
    Are inducted allies from DH counted as elites? Because ISTs are troops...
    They are troops for DH but in the IG armoured list they are fast attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Right as the person who wrote the Assassin tactica - the answer is yes.

If you fulfill all the necassary requirements, there is no legal reason you cannot take an assassin with AC. The requirements are thus:

Armoured Company

Command tank (HQ) and 2 troops, and a further Tank Ace Elite for every 2 troop choices you take.

Inquisition

Inquisitor Lord and retinue (HQ Choice) and Assassin (Elites).

So your entire army will look like:

HQ
    Command Tank
    Inquisitor Lord + 3 Henchmen minimum

Elites
    Assassin

Troops Choices

+ Reply to Thread