Gimme some fluff! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gimme some fluff!

ok heres the deal. My IG army hasnt even got a name yet, or any fluff, so I am asking ppl if they can give me some suggestions/ideas on what those 2 things could be. Here is a brief outline of my army to make it a bit easier

I have a command squad (I have decided on a HSO), 1 sentinel, 1 LR, 1 platoon, 1 ST squad, 1 bassie. Doctrines are hardened fighters (only for my platoon command), close order drill, stormtrooper squads, sharpshooters, and the other I can't decide.
    BTW they are the cadian models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of paint do you have on them?
    AKA MindSnap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I would ask the guys at the fluff clan I think they would have some good suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

A little more information would help a lot. What color are they, how do you play them, what do they look like. Also, are you looking for stories or just like a planet they come from and how they're recruited?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You asked, I answerd.

Geze what is going on, the guy asked for help. I say give it to him and if its not what he wanted he's gonna tell us.

Here is my idea.
    Alternate Organization: Grenadiers.

The Kaseam 12th Elite Infantry

Kaseam is a world of vast oceans and towering mountains, some time early in its geologic history a period of extreme volcanism threw up vast hard boned mountain ranges which are now the worlds only continents.
    In the ancient caldearas of the extinct cones native forests thrive while the slopes are usually terraced for farming. Here in this place of sweeping vistas and stiff winds lives a hardy bread of mankind who from a early age are taught to shrug off both pain and fatigue.

Kaseam was brought into the Imperium at the end of the Age of Apostasy by the younger daughter of one of the notorious hereditary Rogue Traders. Using her fathers influence she secured resources to conquer one of the smaller mountain continents and based on her existing authority on the planet made a claim for Imperial governor. Through a cunning regimen of manipulation subterfuge and at times outright assassination her bid won out over the 5 other claimants. With a careful political marriage to one of the planets greatest native rulers she cemented her families control of Kaseam.
    Over the centuries the once fiercely independent planet has slowly been brought into the Imperium. The last rebellion some 200 years ago being isolated to the area controlled by only one Shogun. These days Kaseam is still fierce and warlike, but it is fiercely LOYAL and makes war more on the Imperiums enemies than among itself.
    The culture that has come to dominate the now unified world is a mix of norse, roman, japanese, and chinese influences. Honor is held as the highest virtue and the greatest honor is to serve in the Imperial Guard.

Among the many forces that Kaseam has raised for the Imperium the 12th Elite Infantry stands out. Brought about by the great grand daughter of Annabelle Phrax they were culled from among the younger sons of the land owning farmers. On a lonely island far out to sea 5000 of the planets best youth were tested, trained, and tried until only the most crack 500 remained. Equipped with the best weapons and armor Kaseam could provide they were sent off to fight for the Imperium.
    In the many campaigns the 12th has fought in since they have distinguished themselves both for valor and cunning. In one extremely notable case they annihilated over 4 times their own number of orks by drawing the attacking horde into a narrow defile at the edges of which 3 other regiments waited in ambush. Though the casualties were horrendous the general in charge of the campaign is said to have shouted "If HALF our troops were as brave and hardy as the 12th we would have WON by now!!!" during a staff meeting the next day.
    Though the regiment has had to be re-founded 4 times after sustaining casualties to great to allow them to continue in active duty before receiving fresh troops from their home-world the banner of the 12th has never fallen. Through Orks, Cultists, Eldar, and Tyranids it has been carried proudly by Kaseam's best, the 12th Elite Infantry.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    Thought for the Day: Armylists are a three-edged sword. The list your backstory wants. The list that is optimal. The list of models you actually own.
    And HOW.

(\_/)
    (X.X)
    (><) This is Dead Bunny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MyArmys: Points: W/L/D

Imperial Guard: 2250: In Progress.
    Necron: 500: 2/1/1

Join the Imperium today!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ussally IG fluff is based around hardy men who get trust into the craziest of situations and their rock-hard diciplined leaders who see them through situation after situation (or behead them on a constant basis, aka commisars). Relationships between guards are ussally beneign (although fight could break out every once in a while) and the after-battle time is ussally spent in a good natured manner.

This is what I've seen anyway......

A very interesting thing to do is to add demonhunters as a sort of unit that the guardsmen awe and/or try to out preform all the time.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thats something. I will get all of ppls ideas and see if I can make something out of them. and for those who asked, my army is painted in a Chaos black and codex grey colour scheme, so this works in cityfight and ash wastes sorta thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

The 25th Reclaimer Legion.

The warriors of the Reclaimer Legion were recuited across the Imperiom to begin the deadly task of reestablishing order in the planets wrought by the Tyranid invasions. Their job is to explore the worlds that were attacked by the Tyranids and hunt down any remaining organisms as well as any other dangerous xenotypes that may have moved in in the absence of Imperial rule. The 25th Reclaimer Legion has seen skirmishes on the deadliest deathworlds, explored the freezing cold and desoate wastelands of worlds burnt by nuclear blasts and has hunted everything from eldar to orks through the tired halls of Hive Planets. They are an elite force of highly disciplined, solid troops that brings heavy fire power along with mobility to their battles. These soldiers were trained in a variety of combat situations and are adept at close combat and long range firefights. They have seen long combat and more signs of despair in their first few years of action than most men see in their whole service. The Reclaimers though have pushed on and instead of breaking, have held more truely to the Emperor and their cause.

Not the best ever, but the idea sounds ok.

Vets may be another doctrine you might consider.

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want some inspiration for your fluff, remember that guard regiments come from distinct cultural groups. Cadians were raised in a stern, military culture and it's reflected in their army. Catachans were raised in a rugged, jungle world, where you must rely on stealth and cunning to survive, which is probably why they have Jungle Fighters...

A good basis for your IG army may be to base it on some culture from the past or present. You can also mix and match. My own army is an attempt to mix a Black Watch type army, with Stalingradesque Russian composition. Scotch looking heradlry, tough, disciplined troops mixed with conscripts, armor, and a small core of dedicated troops.

The point is, it's really not that hard, just think for a bit
    Last edited by Ubernyaw; April 13th, 2006 at 06:14.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost
    Geze what is going on, the guy asked for help. I say give it to him and if its not what he wanted he's gonna tell us.
    Believe it or not it's a lot easier to come up with convincing and fitting fluff if you know how he wants to play and what his models look like. :sleep:

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast