Important question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Important question

as some of you know i play iron hands and i'm making a DIY. For my IH i play it shooty with 3 devs and 3 dreadnoughts. I want my DIY chapter to be shooty also....can anyone give me tips on how to make 2 different shooty armies. Help is GREATLY appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you make your DIY a 'sit back and shoot' army then by the looks of it you'll find yourself feeling as though you never actuially switched armies.

Personally if I was doing another chapter (hold on...I already did... :rolleyes: ), I'd make it play completely different to my last army. But if you're really keen on another shooty marine army, then here's my idea;

I'd go for a more mechanised army. Fill out your heavy support with tanks, take a few land speeders, and make your troops either rhino/razorback-mounted, or have them come down in drop pods. Terminators would be handy too - they can both dish out and take alot of firepower.

Mounting your troops in drop pods/rhinos may not sound very shooty, but the idea is to use them to drive up, pile out and rapid-fire into the enemy.

Overall you'll have a much more mobile army, able to re-deploy as the battle dictates, has a decent volume of firepower, and can easily plug gaps in your lines with your deep-striking units.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Two eight man devastator squads, one with four missile launchers, the other with four heavy bolters. A whirlwind or vindicator. As many tactical squads as you can manage, with melta or plasma special weapons and lascannon or plasma cannon heavy weapons. Forget multimeltas on your foot troops, flamers too. Go light on characters. A landspeeder or two, one armed with a multimelta, the other, if you go for it, a heavy bolter and assault cannon. Any points left ? get more tactical marines. That will shoot the s**t out of a lot of alien scum.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think about See, But Don't Be Seen, and Cleanse And Purify.

That would allow you to infiltrate your Devestators to better positions. Create a close in Infiltration attack with your whole army. Or, use an all Drop Pod force, taking advantage of Cleanse And Purify. Cleanse And Purify will allow your Tac squads to be more effective in specialized roles.

It would allow you to play your army many different ways. And you only need to select one major drawback. I'd choose Eye To Eye...

Warprat ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i think i'll go for the infiltrate shooty army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want something seriously scary, take a lot at ezekials infilMLdev army

+ Reply to Thread