Deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deathwing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little unsure about the Dark Angels rules concerning allies. It only prohibits you from allying with a force including non-humans in it, I get that part. It seems to me that's all there is to it...

What if I am playing a Deathwing army and I want to take allies, do they have to be termies, landraiders, or dreadnoughts? Or can I take any ally I want, for instance; include a GK squad as a troops choice? Basically does the allied force need to follow the rules for a Deathwing army?

I don't think the above rule(about non-humans) applies to those situations but I threw it in anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they do not follow your deathwing rules so you can't include a GK unit as a troop choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exept you cant. GK can not be used as allies unless something happens about a parent list or something, oh wait. You must use GK as your parent list to feild GK and by that I mean at the minimum, One inq, two 5 man squads of storm troopers. (Or Gk, if you dont want to be minimalist) Then you take your other things. (Deathwing ect) If thats wrong, tell me and explain why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

you can't include greyknights in power or terminator armour in a Deathwing army because the only units allowed are dreads landraiders hqs in termie armour and deathwing termie squads
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appologise in advance for awakening an old topic. But does this mean that you could use a GK in terminator army as a HQ choice and then ally him with your Deathwing, therefore you'd have you deathwing army and just one GK terminator?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

A DH army with GKs may not have Marine allies. Also, note that the only Marine allies DH can have are vanilla, no special rules.

A DW army may only have Dreads, Land Raiders, DW HQs, and Deathwing Terminators, nothing else.

So, no GKs in a DW army and no DW in a GK army.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Sorry, you guys have it wrong.

If the BASE ARMY includes GK, no inducting SM of any type.

If the BASE ARMY is a SM chapter, then you CAN (as in, YES), have Grey Knights. So a Dark Angels army CAN induct GK allies.

I don't know about Deathwing-specific, but in other SM cases (which some of you stated), it's allowed.

And if you CAN ally with Termies, then I see no problem inducting a GK HQ and GK Elite termies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You are correct, but DW armies can only have DW Terminator Squads, GW Dreadnoughts, DW Heroes, and DW Land Raiders, so no GKs.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing that puzzled me about the subject was that grey knight termies cost about as much as deathwing but fare so much better. this IS kinda off the subject abit, so please forgive me, but at least explain to me why this is the case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it, DW and DA in general get better equipment, they have to make some sacrifices, especially as we get an entire Terminator Army and GK can only take them as Elites and HQ, they have to fill up the troops, we can just go all out termies :o

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast