Librarium Online Forums banner

Sister Deploy and Shoot Stats

505 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ryiax 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a couple large squads of Sisters to start me down the path of WH, to add to my DH army, and my IG AC.

What I like about them is their ability to surprise opponents with AoF destruction. Expecially the AP1 bolters. However, what are the REAL statistics on this tactic. A 10 sis squad in rhino, jumps out and lights up a terminator or SM unit. Do they really do enough damage to survive? or is it a one hit wonder, then die?

I'm looking for table experience and examples of success and failure from you vets. Do you destroy 5 man termie squads, or only two models? Stuff like that. I want to know if the sister units can eliminate one target, then get back in, or hold an objective from there.

My group is what you would call power gamers (however we would disagree), but either way, I face 500 to 800pt units of elite terminators, crazy assault SM units and deathwing armies. I don't see any hoard armies and I would like to start deploying more troops to surprise my friends. Of course GK terminators will be deep striking behind these WH troops. And I already have Arcos, Cannoness, 2 exorcists. But these WH troops need to perform. In other words, they need to do better than a SM troop. because those get dropped in my group like a sack of dirt. Or just ignored.

Thanks all

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, bonedale, first of all Sisters are NOT space marines, even though they have power armor and bolters. If you play Sisters like they're marines, you'll probably get stomped. I can't give you any hard statistics, but here's what usually happens when 10 Sisters hop out of a Rhino (this is with a flamer and heavy flamer, and possibly an imagifier): Roll for Divine Guidance (I do this first since I fire the flamers first, and they auto-hit). If you get divine guidance, things are going well. The more AP1 wounds from each flame template, the better (A roll of six has never been more powerful!) Then, hopefully you are in Rapid Fire range, and let loose with a hail of shots that are fairly accurate. 18 shots are fired, 12 SHOULD hit (you might get more, I usually do) and there SHOULD be 2 AP1 wounds. The squad will either be completely smoked or forced to take a morale check if things worked out properly. Of course, you could have the "fun" of being in RF range and rolling 6 1s and 4 2s (happened to me at a tournament against space wolves :( ) Brazier of Holy Fire or a Combi-Flamer will get you a one-time flamer shot, should you need it.

#3 ·
You can't throw a lone squad of sisters up at the front and just hope they will act like marines. It won't work trust me:yes: With allies you can take 'em up with the rest of your force and bring them up like you would normal maines but leave one squad unassulted in double tap range and break out the dg. Instead of combat with the sisters they get the hell shot out of them and probably half the squad is dead. Then you assult with the next squad that is close. I have seen it happens and the whole thime the guy focuses on the marines instead of the sisters because they are str3 and t3 so he thinks he'll toast 'em in assult. Sucks for the other guy.

#4 ·
Bone,

You're looking for love in all the wrong places. WH is not a power-gamer's choice.

Here's the math of it.
Divine Guidance means that any 6s "to wound" are AP1.
10 girls jump out of a Rhino, and shoot 16 Bolts + 2 Flamers at a target in the open.
10 Bolts hit, and the Flamers cover say about 3 each.
So that's 16 rolls "to wound".
The dice should give you about two or three 6s. Maybe more, maybe less.
You will win any close-in shootouts, but you will, by no means cause the "slaughter" that you are looking for.

If they get charged, you're pretty much a Guardsman in Power armor, and you will have trouble. There are some acts and wargear you can use to augment your CC ability, but certainly not enough to handle normal Marines in a 1:1 ratio.

Here's what I'd do if I were a DH powergamer looking for an alliance:

1- If you are already using any ISTs, convert them to Sisters.
For 1 point, you get a bolter and power armor. Simple and good.

2- I'd switch to an IG parent army and integrate 2 GK squads into it.
(IG heavies are way better than GK Heavies. Of that there is no question).

3- If you must keep the DH parent, then learn how to use an IG platoon effectively.
The cheap bodies, and long-range high Str weapons are quite useful for a DH parent.

4- THe only thing WH can offer a DH parent is Seraphim.
But they are not "Strong" and they are not easy to use at first. But they are terrific team players. They can be used to traverse great distances ("jump back" is omni directional), and they can help give you excellent control of the game. But they are fragile and expensive.

5- Start a WH army and integrate 1-2 squads of GKs.
GKs make an excellent contribution to a WH army.

#6 ·
Yea it'll take a bit of doing, and some know how but once you get the hang of the ladies you'll be tearing up the board! Out of preferance I play pure and I love it, but if allies tickle your fancy then go right ahead. Good look and emperor watch over.

#7 ·
Red's correct in all said there. I would add though, that a unit of Dominions with 4 flamers and DG have been a little more effective for me personally, removing the need for "to hit" rolls with 4 templates means more often than not you will end up hitting the whole unit and have the chance to wound on them 4 times each, any 6's and termies or not, they are going to toasted in their armour :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.