Sarissa - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sarissa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarissa

I haven't been able to find anything talking about Sarrisa's so here goes:

I was just wondering about improving the SOBs CC ability. the sarrisas reroll ability would really help, but i'm confused about when it can be used.

it says it may not be combined with a CCW for an extra attack, does that mean that it also can't be combined with a power weapon to reroll the to wound roll even without the extra attack?

if not, does that mean that you have to pay almost 2 sisters more to twin a bolter in CC?

See you when your survival instincts kick in!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Sarrisa can only be equiped on a veteran or an independant character. So basic sisters can't have it. It's an attachment to a regular bolter (kind of like a bayonett).

You can't combine the abilities of a power weapon and this wargear, the general rule is that you use one or the other. Though you can have both peices of wargear on the same character.

eg: Eldar Phoenix Lord Kurandras has a Powerfist and a sword called a biting blade that allows him to keep rolling to wound as long as he keeps passing, he may choose to gain double strength or keep rolling to hit, not both.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The Sarissa is outdated for most purposes.
    Why?
    Because Sarissa only works on the charge, and you can't charge after you fire a bolter.
    Why?
    Because GW is too lazy to update their codexes to match the current rule-set.
    (The WH codex was current for what... 6 months?)

But I did notice that IF you charge, a Sarissa+Bolter+Bolt Pistol does actually work about 12% better against an Ork (and 33% better against a Kroot) than a Bolt Pistol+Power Weapon. And it's 4 points cheaper, and you still have the option to shoot the Bolter 24" if you don't move during that turn. Not a lot to write home about.

Though I could be wrong if the Sarissa allows only one re-roll per charge. I was calculating that it gets to re-roll "to wound" 3 times, in thd hands of a vet while charging.

BUT if you get charged, it's terrible. And if you live to a second round of Close Combat, it's also terrible.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Yes, Red is right (again! This man is insane).

The Sarrissa always struck me as a realtibly cool, but utterly useless peice of wargear.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

+ Reply to Thread