DA help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DA help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA help

k, so my dark angles are givin' me problems, i cant quite figure out how to equip them. ( i hope this topic isn't suposed to go in army lists, i dont think it is an army list)

heres how i think they should be (this is suposed to be fluffy, balenced and most of all fun)

Comand squad
    2 plasma cannons
    apothocary
    flag (of some sort)
    sarge with powerfist(?) and/or (combi plasma)

devisator: (2 of them)
    1 lascannon
    2 missle launchers
    1 plamsa cannon
    (5 marines)
    sarge with combi-plasma(?)

tactical type 1: (three of them)
    1 plasma cannon
    1 plasma gun
    sarge wiith power wepon and boltpistol ( no, i dont want to give them powerfist)

tactical type 2: (three of them)
    1 heavy bolter
    1 plasma gun
    sarge with powerfist and bolt pistol (maybe somthing else?)
    rhino

asault squad: (two of them)
    2 plasma pistols
    sarge with powerfist

whirlwind OR vidicator (which?)

waiting for the sunrise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not sure how many marines you're putting in those tacticals...but in my opinion, that is a hella-lot of tacticals, and virtually no armor, and no elites. If you want a fluffy DA army, you might consider dropping some Deathwing and some Ravenwing in there...I think that would balance out your army for the better in any case. A couple land speeder tornadoes are always good, terms are always good, maybe a dreadnought or two....maybe a LR or LRC? a predator at LEAST...

Plus, all those heavy weapons in your tacticals are going to slow them down...particularly expensive ones like PCs. I also think meltaguns are a better buy than plasma guns...without the 'gets hot' business and also without 'rapid fire'.

I'll edit this more later...I'm off the clock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Well, the plasma stuff was considered fluffy in the previous edition of 40K, only because they had a special rule about plasma cannons in tactical squads and the "justification" for this was their status as the oldest chapter, which supposedly had access to more ancient weaponry, and plasma technology is rapidly fading away (supposedly).

Now, plasma is back and better than ever--every marine chapter can use it with few restrictions, and the new rapid fire rules have made plasma guns even more popular (with some, anyways). So GW has basically re-written their fluff with the release of the new SM codex.

What this means is, you don't necessarily have to lean on Plasma to make a "fluffy" DA force. If you really want fluff, you'll need to throw in a squad of Deathwing Termi's and a squad of ravenwing attack bikes with a speeder. This will run you around 500 points or so, but is deffinitely fluffy, and with the apparent size of your army list, wouldn't be out of place.

And my two cents on your last question: Get a Predator Annhilator with HB sponsons. Or a Land Raider to carry your Deathwing into action....
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, fuhrik- the tactical squads with have plasma OR melta (i forgot to mention it) what i mean is that i will be able to sub out the plasma for melta in response to what i'm going to be fighting

futhermore, i will get (if GW come out with) a mortis (spell?) pattern dred. with i dont know what with.

yes i will have land speeders/termies/bikes eventualy...

btw: i dont have all of that, its my pojected list (give me a few months...)
    waiting for the sunrise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortis? MORTIS?!?! we don't need no stinkin' mortis!! just kiddin however...I think you'll be paying through the nose to pick up a mortis, as I believe (right now at least) they are strictly a forge world creation. Additionally I think they are quite expensive points wise...but could be wrong there.

The thing about the dread is, for 105 points, you get the assault cannon and a powerfist, which is really an extremely effective combo. I am also partial to the twin linked las cannon variety, which is good if you're looking for a little more tank busting or just long ranged attacks in general.

(I PLAN to convert an arm into a multimelta, as that is, in my opinion, one of the most fun weapons in the game. )

At any rate, in my opinion, the long range equipped 'naughts aren't as effective as the cc toting variety, howeva...that is just my humble opinion, and should not, under any circumstances, be taken for fact

+ Reply to Thread