What to equip Canoness with...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to equip Canoness with...?

Ok, so I bought a Canoness at long last. Yes, I know I've been doing this for not very long, but I just had to get that model off my checklist. And now, being the utter hopeless girl that I am at making my mind up, I don't know what weapons to put on her model.

I have:
    Scroll
    Book
    Plasma Pistol
    Bolter
    Chainsword
    Powersword

I'm leaning towards the scroll and the bolter, as they'd have no extra cost, correct? Anyways, I'd like your input otherwise I'll never get to play her. And I'm desperate to paint her soon. I just can't get over the detail on her :w00t:

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I gave mine the power sword, the inferno pistol and a jump pack, and I'm also going to shove the scroll and book onto her somehow to count as wargear. Sure she now costs almost double her points in WYSIWYG games, but she looks mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has a book already attached to her, if you look carefully at the side of with the arm in the air...It's chained to her hip.
    But anyways, thanx.
    "There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

A second one on the jump-pack can't hurt since it means I can count it as yet another of the myriad litanies and tomes that WH get as wargear. I'd still say go for the power weapon and inferno pistol for weapons though.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I give my Canoness (only one at the mo)

Jump Pack
    Cloak of St Aspira
    Blessed Weapon
    Inferno Pistol
    Book Of St Lucius

Pass the power sword of as a blessed weapon, give her a plamsa pistol (mmmm BS 5), Book Of St Lucius, and thats some nice equpipment.

Hope that helps,
    Yoss
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok you should model the mini to use withthe army, so you need to figure out what you will do, the scroll and potentially the book could be ignored as far as wargear goes but are clearly intended for use as litanies and book respectively
    me I changed teh hand on the scroll and took that and the blessed weapon, then the pistol is agruably holstered and could be either bolt or inferno
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yeah, I have Inferno Pistol and Blessed/Power weapon on my first one, + the mentioned book on the hip and Cloak of St Aspira standard. She is on foot.

I have another one, made out of Seraphim with Blessed/Power weapon and Inferno Pistol.

And I want to make a third one with Eviscerator, Jump Pack, Inferno Pistol and Cloak of St. Aspira. It almost becomes a hobby on its own - have a Canoness for every occasion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am planning on modeling a cannoness soon as well. I've been experimenting with a seraphim vet sup. Here's what i think the ultimate armament for an independant canoness:

Jump Pack
    Cloak of Aspira (Spirit of the Martyr gives her a 2+ inv!!)
    Litanies of Faith (you don't want Spirit of the Martyr to fail you when you are surrounded by Chosen CSM!)
    Eviscerator (Combine this with Hand of the emporer and you have a St 10 2D6 pen with 4 attacks charging, can you say titan killer??)
    Mantle of Ophelia (shes only toughness 3, this is KEY. Otherwise you will get taken down by pfists really fast)
    Plasma pistols are nice too because thats just two less terminators to kill in close combat later that turn.

+ Reply to Thread