idea for witch hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idea for witch hunters

k first off ive never really considered collecting a witch hunter army but as i was looking on the GW website i came to the conclusion that in didnt want to make an ordinary witch hunter arm ie all sisters.

i was thinking making a rag tag army following a priest, im thinking of using the redeemer models as my lord.
    heres what ill use

redeemer-inquisitor lord
    retinue

assasins
    arco flagellants

imperial guard

sister sqd in rhino-im not sure about this option i was thinking this could be a firing squad in fluff terms

pentinent engine

now if this doesnt work then im think of starting my catachans and using some wh stuff and fluff wise the witch hunter has come to a world embroiled in a civil war

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe the beauty of the WH is that you can add to and existing force that you already have (or add to something you want to collect in this case). the only real limit is your imagination with crossover armies, just make sure you know which parent army list you want to use. there are a few limitations. But death world veterans and the inqusition sound like a good idea to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK hands down the commonly most effective WH army is pure sisters, this is why it is so popular, before Zinf and others throw their respective toys out the pram (and since his toys usually come with nemesis force weapons attached, this can be a very dangerous thing) I am not saying that this is the only way of putting an effective WH army together, just teh most common.

That asside I love themed and fluffy armies, you seem to be almost describing a "crusade".

Bits then:
    an =][= lord seems the only really viable HQ, otherwise you are backing on to sisters, should you use the rules for an =][= lord and his retinue, there is no reason why you cant, fluffily call him something elde, perhaps a bishop?

Arcos and penetant engines work well, but the use of sisters and/or ISTs as troops makes your army more soldiery than fantical mob, so I would instead be tempted to use inducted guard wherever possible, go for haords of troops, unfortunatley you are probably going to get quite a kicking quite often but the army can clearly become a work of love
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

If you already have Space Marines, then simply buy an Inquisitor and enough Karskins to fill out two squads then induct your Space Marines to your heart's content!

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on, gives us some seraphim squad, pleeaaaase

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

i say if ur going to a "radical theme" WH army then include ZERO adeptus sororitas units. Have the =][= lord in a land raider for some anti tank (since u wont be having any exorcists, then have arcos, assassins, lots of storm troopers, etc then induct some SM or IG as well.

wouldnt be the most competitive army, but it'ld be cool fluff wise
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

So many options... so little time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they are those guys, I think they're called fanatics or something like that, which are crazy, rag tag, zealots.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Zealots are fun, get 2 Orbital arbites squad for shotgun fun and 80 Zealots and you've got like 900 points or sumting.

And the list you've posted isn't all that rare, it's often considerd, but I'd suggest you practise a lot as it'll take some skill to play it right, but that only more fun.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

+ Reply to Thread