Black templar's questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black templar's questions.

1.) The Black Templar's 'Righteous Zeal' special rule allows them to move 1D6 inches towards another unit on a successful morale check after casualties. now, since this movement is during your opponents shooting phase, does it count when figuring if you can shoot your heavy weapons during your shooting phase? or does it have no effect, since it was in your opponents phase?
    basically, i'm asking if it messes up the heavy weapons equipped in a Crusade Squad.

2.) the 'Abhor the Witch' Special rule states that the Black templar's cannot be feilded as allies with any group that employ's Psychics. does this mean that in a team game, the BT's could not feild alongside say, IG with psykers? or does this rule only really apply to armies like Sisters of battle, which can choose space marine and IG units for their army list?

3.) the Emperor's Champion special rules states that it may not join a command squad. however, since it also follow's the independant character special rules, can it attach itself to a regular squad?
    basically, is it merely restricted from attaching to a command squad, or is it a blanket cannot join any squad?

4.) neophytes may not be equipped with Crusade seals. if the Initiates in the squad have Seals, but the neophytes do not, does that negate the chance to re-roll the Righteous Zeal distance for the squad? or does the re-roll apply only to the Initiates, which might leave the Neophytes out of coherancy after the charge?

i did some searching of the archives, and hadn't found any topics that covered these topics specifically, giving definitive answers. so i decided to ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

1. no it does not the rule state that if you move in your movement phase then you cannot fire heavy weapons, and as the rightous zeal movement occurs in your opponents movement phase you are free to fire as long as u dont move.

2. They cannot be fielded with any armies that have psykers in their ranks excluding greyknights, this includes imperial guard, space marines, and sisters of battle.

3. He can join any squad except command squads, so u can add him to a 14 man crusader squad and mount them in a LRC if u wanted to.

4. As long as at least one member in the squad has crusader seals then the whole unit benefits, same goes if u add a character to a squad without crusader seals the whole unit benefits untill the character leaves of dies.

I hope this helps, if u have any other questions please post them and I will do my best to answer them.:yes:
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, here's one that came up in a practice game with my IG brother.

do Drop-pods count as Scoring units for victory points?
    since they are an immoble vehicle, it would seem to be No, but that would mean that by just deploying, you are giving 15pts per to you opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Drop pods do not count as scoring units as they are transports. I do not know for certain whether they give victory points for being immobile, but I would assume they only give points away when they are destroyed. I would count them as emplacements, as they don't have movement because they enter from orbit and stay put, so they only give away points when the enemy destroys them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer two of your questions: 1) Emperors champion may not join or lead command squads, but may join regular squads such as tactical or Sword Bretheren. 2) Templars may not field or ally with psychers with the exception of grey knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

The official ruling on Drop pods is that they do not give VP's Away as the are a staionary vehicle/emplacement.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

So in turn does this mean that the Drop Pod must be killed to gain points for the entire squad that it belongs to or does killing the entire squad/Dreadnought give you all of the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angels_Master
    So in turn does this mean that the Drop Pod must be killed to gain points for the entire squad that it belongs to or does killing the entire squad/Dreadnought give you all of the points.
    Honestly I have no idea.

+ Reply to Thread