The Best Space Marine Chapter? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id like to know what everyone thinks is the best space marine chapter? which has the best rules/ units etc. and i was wondering if anyone had feilded any armies from the index astrates books? thanx for the help. peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Grey Knights are by far the best. They can only be played as part of a Daemonhunter army though, or an allied contingent of DH.

They have great rules, very elite, and have the coolest looking models of any space marine chapter by far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I'm an Ultramarine man myself! And before everyone starts flaming me read the Uriel Ventris books (Nightbringer and Warriors of Ultramar) and you'll agree that the boys in blue are the coolest Chapter around!
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well obviously there is no single 'best' chaptor. Each chaptor has advantages and disadvantages
    ill say my top 3
    1. space wolves 13th company
    2. black templars
    3. grey knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just about to fiele a White Scars Army, and their rules are so cool! I mean extra attack on the bikes, power lances, veteran bike squads, hit and run, difficult terrain - what difficult terrain? plus the flankers rule! what a rule, can do the same as wolf scouts but on bikes!

Against nids i think it will be devestating, so many bolters and still allowed whirlwinds!

They are my favourite chapter by far.

In the Index Astartes Three i hope they get even more rules!
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think Grey knights are really a normal chapter (even though it says they are No 666)

Dark angels are the best. Interragator chaplains, robes, Fallen angels. Good rules and fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Spoiled Wihte Scars *grumble* better than Ravenwing for less points *grumble*

Aaanyway, I play Dark Angels, so I be representin' ==Mah== chapter!

The Dark Angels get all the benefits of vanilla marines, ATSKNF, Tactical, Assault, Devastator, and Scout Squads, etc (except Veteran marines, but who cares )

On top of this, they get better characters (including a better psychic power, 'Weaken Resolve' baby&#33, Better Command Squads IMHO (so they can't have 2 heavy/special weapons, the marines are 3 points cheaper, and the yget the Standard, plus DW and RW Command Squads are insanely good), better Terminators (stubborn and mixing weapons for +5, I'll take them&#33, Plasma cannons in Tac Squads, intractable, stubborn, Ravenwing (they may not be better than the White Scar bikes, but they do get jink :unsure: ), the Ravenwing Tornado w/ HB, AC, which is by far the best Fast Attack choice for all marines, especially with the TVR (move 12", fire all shots, glancing hits only, jink save, and it's cheaper than the vanilla speeder with the same weapons, and it comes in squadrons&#33, special weapons like the SoS and Blades of Reason, and a heap of fluff and special rules to reflect it, Hunt the Fallen and Cypher spring to mind, both excellent rules.

Not to mention that we are also 3 armies in 1, DABF, RW, and DW baby.

Dark Angels are a very flexible list. You can go uber-shooty with plasma cannons, counter-assaulty DW (2 cyclones, 2 Lightnign claws), and a Command Squad w/ heavy weapon, plasma pistols/power weapons, Weaken Resolve, Lion Helm, and the Standard of Devastation.

You can go all-out assault, with a Grand Master w/ Lion Helm, SoS, storm shield, jump pack and an assault squad, Terminator character and 7 DW termies in a LRC, with more stubborn and intractable Tactical Squads than you can stick a shake at.

Or, you can go balanced, like ==Myself==, with a solid, unmoving firebase (4 shooty Tactical Squads, scouts Predator, Dread, Whirlwind), speedy flankers (2 seperate RW tornadoes), and a hardcore assault element (Command Squad, terminators, and HtH Scouts) and smash asunder all your foes.

For the Emperor!
    For the Lion!
    Repent! For Tomorrow You Die!!
    Repent! For the Lion is Come!!
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been hearing alot about the 13th company wulfen, but i dont kno wlike anyhting about the army....can someone shed some light on this?...do the get to feild any vehicles or only troops?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only vehicle they have is storm claw bikers. however, they have good rules for troops (i don't think i'm allowed to say what they are) and they're really good in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can only field bikes
    but to that cost all of the troops avaliable is absolutely deadly in Cc and fenris wolves are cheaper

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast