HQ squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HQ squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ squad

Does any1 use the hq squad with apothecary, standard bearer and chamion?
    i see the use for a apothecary but hes probably only gonna save 1 wound and then i could just take another marine for the price

and the tandard bearer? when you have a leader with ld10 and shall know no fear why would you want to spend points on the banner?

i have the command squad because they look good and i liked to paint them but they just sucks to play with and are a big point sink

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

thats basically accurate. command squads can do a few neat things, but usually end up being not worth their points in small (1000-1850) games.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

I have a command squad but rarely ever use them. I feel they are a points sink when u can spend ur points on something better such as assault marines are terminators.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht
    I have a command squad but rarely ever use them. I feel they are a points sink when u can spend ur points on something better such as assault marines are terminators.
    I have the command squad too, in my UM army. The models look great, but I don't often use them because of the points. I don't use the standard bearer. If I want a good CC squad I like the Company Champ, Sgt w/ PF, and an Honor Guard. Once in awhile I use the apothecary. Mainly just in fun games though. I use him b/c I like the model and the fluff and it is fun to use him, even if he doesn't get his points back. I used him in a game yesterday, he did nothing, but I don't regret it. I bought the model to play with him!

Your summary is basically correct, but I like to play them once in a while. Not every game is about min/maxing my army to pummel my opponent. I find that ultramarines have plenty going for them, that I can have a fun game and hold my own against most armies. Now, a good and experienced player can put the smack down on me with almost any army I am sure, but I still LOVE my Ultramarines and cool command squad GETS RESPECT!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my command squad for fun games and painting. The command squad is a squad where you can really show your painting skills and so I converted most of them and use them now to show my painting skills.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% of command squads are CC orientated so only the champion is really worth it, it gives us vanilla SM a flavourful unit and makes good use of that Emperors champion that so many of us have .

The apothecary is a good addition if you are foot slogging across the board or using a shooty command squad. Of course this is just speculation from my part since my apothecary is still a nice shade of pewter.

If I can remember the holy relic is decent, but 99% of us would take the iron halo before that relic.
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think some1 should make a command squad tactica =P

one reason to field them is so that the IC can be apart of the squad before the game starts and therefore they can get a drop pod?

you can get 2 special weapons, 1 veteran sargeant PF and one powerweapon champion and you can buy special skills such as furious charge

im starting to play blood angels and their hq guys cost more points than regular hq so im thinking just get assault squad, so i have pantet allt the guys for nothing =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of like the apothecary. He can save you from loosing one model each turn. In most games, where the enemy will target your point-sink command squad, that can really help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Standard Bearer can be used to help multiple units move and fight more effectively together.

You get a reroll for morale or pinning.

If you have a Command Squad in the middle, a Veteran Squad to the right, Scouts to the left, you can move these guys together and have them arrive at the same time. If they have close combat weapons, this could be pretty important.

-If they are fired at along the way, they get a reroll.

-If they are pinned, they get a reroll.

-Tank Shock, you get a reroll.

-If a squad loses close combat, they get a reroll to hold thier ground.

-Negative modifiers to morale, don't worry you get a reroll.

If you have a plan for the Standard Bearer, the cost is cheap.

Warprat ;)

+ Reply to Thread