RADICAL Inqisitors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

RADICAL Inqisitors

As you can tell from the name, I am an AVID Death Guard player, but recently, I got an idea for creating a bad a** radical Witch Hunter army. No Sisters or Ecclesiarchy, just inquisitors and stormtroopers. I was wondering if anyone has done or heard of this before? I think making two horribly powerful Inquisitor Lords (psykers) supported by a couple squads of stormtroopers and three more inquisitors (also psykers) as elites choices would be very very fluffy and fun to play. I also know that this would be tough to win with, considering that normally, the Sisters of Battle play a huge role in any Witch Hunter army, but what do you guys think?

-bigPappa

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I think its a nice idea. However I would not have to =][= Lords, but rather, one =][= and one =][= lord. Like Master and acolyte. Heres a sample list of what I think your army could be:

=][= Lord Emperor
    Shooty, Becasue he likes his minions to to do his dirty work

=][= 2nd in Command/Truste Leuftenant
    - Assautly he is like his masters champion

Assassin

Lots of =][= Storm Troopers, mounted in Rhinos, or Chimeras.

Orbital Strike

Make the =][= and his master pyskers, and give them a few pentitants, and various pyshic toys, and your set to go.

Hope that helps,
    Yoss ^_^
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

If you'll have fun playing it, then play it. But you're wasting what makes witch hunters really versatile and able to win games, faith points. That's just my opinion, as i'm not too keen on inquisitors anyway.
    Last edited by mephistophales; April 25th, 2006 at 18:56.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually ordo hereticus armies are sisters and inquisiters a true which hunter army however is like what he has in mind ie no sisters whatsoever and that army dosn't rock like a sister army but can be fun to play

also keep in mind puratan and radical are different from dh counterparts pretty much if you use psy powers ur radical and if you don't ur puritan also force weapons don't count
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Just having two Inquisitors might make a little more sense fluff wise, but I would want enough points to play decent sized games, thats the only reason I would do the multiple-inquisitor thing. Also because playing such an army would be beyond fun. Anywho, thanks for the feedback guys.

-bigPappa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I think that we can safely assume that most people here play pure SOB armies and refer to them as WH army, whereas in my opinion they stay more true to the original SOB codex.
    I think that to call your army an WH army you have to have an =][= present just like BigPappaNurgle envisions.

I also like the idea of only two Inquisitors in different ranks, but that is just me :shifty:

Radical - I myself prepare models to run a small radical army soon. I will have and =][= and a GK =][= Lord as an ally, so that I can take Daemon Hosts from GK list, and some PE from the WH list. It should be unusual setup for a WH list t be oriented for CC and I hope will get some cofused looks from my oponent :shifty:
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; April 29th, 2006 at 20:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"horribly powerful Inquisitor Lord" .....isn't that an oxymoron?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good idea but would it work without sisters

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

dont forget to ally in some daemonhosts!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Go for it... I'm of the belief that anything can be tactically viable if you do it right. Heck, wait till Xenos and go radical in three dimensions! Daemonically gifted witch Inquisitor (proxy from Armory, of course) with Daemonhosts and Penitents, etc... go nuts!

+ Reply to Thread