Question regarding deployment. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question regarding deployment.

The situation is this, and Im not sure which of the following is correct:

I have a commander (HQ choice) and a devostator squad (heavy support) now for some reason I cannot decide which of the following is true:

A) because i am deploying the devostator squad along with the commander attached, I deploy them all at the same time I would deploy a Heavy support

because i am deploying the devostator squad along with the commander attached, I deploy them all at the same time I would deploy a HQ Choice.

C) because it doesn't say otherwise, you deploy the HQ selection in coherency with the destined squad when it comes down to HQ deployment (not before, not after, not at the same time) assuming as long as you mention the units are together, that it doesn't matter.

Whats the plan, stan? Can someone shed light on how deployment works? (the thing that pisses me off is I've been playing for 2 years now and I still don't know... what stupid codexes)

Quick! Wile 'es ded!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

The Commander may only start leading a <Command-Squad> (<~>=no more no less) or a Terminator Command Squad if in the Armour.

1, 2, and 3 are all wrong. Commanders (or any other character for that matter) may not lead or be attached to a Dev squad. This is what can be done...

Start the Commander separate from the Devastator squad and make him join it in turn 1. Only then will it be legally his squad. (that way he can leave when things turn sour :devillish.

Hope it all works out!
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Deployment

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Ninja
    Whats the plan, stan? Can someone shed light on how deployment works? (the thing that pisses me off is I've been playing for 2 years now and I still don't know... what stupid codexes)
    Ninja,

Deploy the Devastator squad when you deploy your Heavy Support choices. Deploy your Commander within coherency of the Devastator squad when you deploy your HQ choices. He may then "join" the unit when you take your turn.

Valerian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out page 81 of the rule book.

IC's can deploy at the start of the game inside a unit (or transport vehicle)

Warprat ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To warprat!

Hurrah! hurrah! hurrah! You rock man and thanks everyone else as well (but mainly warprat)
    Quick! Wile 'es ded!

+ Reply to Thread