Basic Question, Please Help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Basic Question, Please Help.

Hi, I don't play WH, but my non-internet faring friend does. He wants me to ask you all a question that has been going around our playgroup for a while.

One of our members says that in Witch Hunters, you can't have any non-WH Special Characters. can you? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you can have allies from any other imperial army. i dunno why that would stop you from taking one of there special characters.

the only stipulation would come from the character itself more then likely. like some of them can only be used to lead an army of over 2k points, some of them are chapter specific, etc.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Ther is no hard and fast rule that says this.
    A lot of questions can potentially spawn from this.

ALLIED INDEPENDENT CHARACTERS UNDER WH PARENT:
    As to Allied independent Characters, you'd have to read the requirements for each Independent Character and make a judgement. I believe in most cases, you will find the Independent Character Rules say something like:
    "Ibram Gaunt may be included in an Imperial Guard Army of 1500 points or more".

Are you asking if an Alllied IG contingent under a WH parent would still satisfy the requiremet in itallics above, allowing say, Ibram Gaunt to accompany an IG Contingent under a WH parent?

I would say "no". The "Army" is not an IG army. It is a WH army with some IG help.

WH INDEPENDENT CHARACTERS UNDER IG or DH PARENT:
    If St Celestine wanted to accompany a squad of Seraphim and ally themselves under an IG parent, then I would also say that this is a "no", because I believe that her requirement specificly says that she may appear in a WH army of 1500 or more. Even if the contingent (the child army) totaled 1500 points, then I'd say that it does not qualify as being an "army".

WH INDEPENDENT CHARACTER UNDER A WH PARENT WITH ALLIES:
    What if St Celestine wanted to enlist into a 1000 points WH parent with 500 points worth of inducted IG? To that I would say "yes". It is a WH force of 1500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Æther-MØØSE
    One of our members says that in Witch Hunters, you can't have any non-WH Special Characters. can you? Thanks in advance.
    He is right. WH can only have St Celestine or Kamarasov as special characters.

+ Reply to Thread