Eviscerator vs. Inferno Pistol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eviscerator vs. Inferno Pistol

Hi - i'm usually playing Daemonhunters, but i'd like to ally with the esteemed Ordo Hereticus and the Sisters of Battle.

Almost all of the SoB army lists that i've seen put Eviscerators on their Seraphim squads' VSS.
    My question: why Eviscerators and not an Inferno Pistols and Power Weapon?

Points cost is the same, effectivity against vehicles seems better (due to range of the inferno); in CC the eviscerator is certainly dealing more damage, but the extra attack and the initiative advantage seem to even that (unless the Eviscerator does not strike with Initiative 1 but in the usual order?).
    Help please, in case i'm missing something...

Emperor protects!

[i'm aware that a similar thread existed a while back, but perhaps some new experiences have been made since then]

Last edited by Solomon; April 28th, 2006 at 10:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

....never actually looked at it like that before like... and im quite interested in what others will answer this with... good question

maybe its the str6 and no armour in combat :wacko:

QUESTION: you know you can have a 2 handed weapon and a one handed weapon at the same time, so does that mean a seraphim VVS with an evicerator and a bolt pistol would get +1 attack for having 2 close combat weapons?
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

1. actaully I prefer Brazier as coupled with DG this is lethal, hence most sisters players put flamers on the serephim themselves.

2. Vs vehicles, based on the premis you have put flamers in the squad eviscerator is a better bet because it gives you more chances to hit.

3. In close combat the VSS can not be targeted because she is not an IC so unless your opponent is very canny and you are not, the fact you hit last means very little, the improvement in str for all your exisating attacks make a world fo difference, especially against MEQs whose high T value makes sisters close combat attacks seem puny, also the eviscerator means the squad is less threatened by close combat units like dreadnaughts
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crucial: since the eviscerator counts as a two-handed weapon, you can't benefit from sticking a bolt pistol onto the same character (unless she has 3 hands )

@cheredanine: thanks for the explanations - i agree that the eviscerator has definite benefits in CC, but i don't understand point 2. in which way does the eviscerator give you more chances to hit? i feel like i'm missing something obvious, bear with me... :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon
    @crucial: since the eviscerator counts as a two-handed weapon, you can't benefit from sticking a bolt pistol onto the same character (unless she has 3 hands )

@cheredanine: thanks for the explanations - i agree that the eviscerator has definite benefits in CC, but i don't understand point 2. in which way does the eviscerator give you more chances to hit? i feel like i'm missing something obvious, bear with me... :wacko:
    he means you get more hits, with a IP its one shot, with an eviscerator a vss would get 3A for charging

also solomon look on every army list on this site for the SOB... you will see that about 90% have a 2 handed weapon and a one handed weapon (regardless of not having 3 hands ). read up on the rules mate
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

@cheredanine: thanks for the explanations - i agree that the eviscerator has definite benefits in CC, but i don't understand point 2. in which way does the eviscerator give you more chances to hit? i feel like i'm missing something obvious, bear with me... :wacko:[/QUOTE]
    no problems,
    the inferno pistol you get to shoot and use the pistols statistics, the eviscerator, you probably charged and so have more attacks, sure it is less effective vs vehicles but can still do the job, plus serephim should not be considered as a primary anti tank unit, their lack of range means they can not compete with stuff like exorcists for this role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crucial: i'm aware that you can equip her with a bolt pistol (or seven ) - but it won't give you +1 attack in close combat because that bonus only works with "two single-handed weapons" [rulebook p.40] whereas the eviscerator is classified as a "two-handed weapon" [codex witchhunters p.20].

@cheredanine: i see, cheers! since i will only use seraphims an an ally for my grey knight army, they will likely be the tank-hunters of that army list, though. i guess i'll give it a try with different setups in some battles and check out what works better for my playing style (and i'll have to convert a model carrying the eviscerator first, anyway...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

whilst Serephim can clearly do tank hunting, this is best done by adding inferno pistols to the serpehim themselves, being twin linked they give you a better hit potential, but the problem with this stratergy is they are unlikely to be effective until turn 2 at the earliest when vehilces can already have had major impact, if you opponent has much sense then this may include the destruction of the serephim (ordiannce vehicles being the best for this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Wow.

I never give my seraphim VSS an eviscerator.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Acutally I'm pretty sure no Inferno Pistol can be given to VSS s it is a weapon for Inqusitors, Heronines, and Inqusitor Lords.

That is proby another reason why people give VSS Eviscarators.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast