skimma LOS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: skimma LOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skimma LOS

Are skimmers considered to be just as high as their base is or are they assumed to be able to fly higher? Obviously this comes up with flying over shiz, which I tend to allow, but a guy I play against frequently (who runs tau, but I figure it's the same for all skimmers) often says that his piranhas can see my troops (when I'm intentionally trying to hide them behind something) by saying that he can just fly higher...

Intuitively, it makes sense that something that can deep strike could fly high enough to shoot down on my folks...but then I also feel like that's a little ridiculous, so here I am.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you are right. It is ridiculous. He must have line of sight with his skimmers just as any other vehicle.

The vehicle is as high as it is on its base, simple enough. They can fly over things (like forests), but not stay above them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I thought you could state that your vehicle is 'above' terrain rather than in it. It means that anything on the board can see and shoot at you, but it would give you better line of sight. I am far from my BGB right now, but I am sure it is in there. You can't pull that trick in the open though.

RoV
    Beware the Agapanthers!

Codex Astartes: More a guideline than a rule...

Romans 8:38

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmers i believe count as size 3.

Skimmers are indeed allowed to 'hover' above area terain allowing them to shoot over it. But seeing as they are hovering above it then they can also be shot at by your opponent.
    So it makes it fair for both sides.

Some people will disagree with me on this one, but this IS true, no two ways about it.

So if you had your troops behind some terain, and your opponent 'hovers' above the terain then yes he can shoot at your guys.

Cheers mate,
    Tycho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blast it!

Yes, well thats what happends when I try to answer from the top of my head. Skimmers can absolutely hover above terrain and they are not obscured by the same terrain if doing so. This is very clearly stated in the BGB. page 61.

I shall seek absolution with twenty hail emperor and thirty ave sanguinius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that sucks about being size 3 is that everything can shoot at it even if it's ducked behind some woods. Grr...

They are feast or famine. Either they will tear up the board gunning everything down, or your opponent will smash them to bits without expending a whole lot of effort. AV 10 just isn't very tough.

And go figure the new Tau skimmer is AV11 and therefore immune to bolters. I hate Tau.
    May your aim be true, and your targets plentiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only on the front and as pirahna's are generally small ya should have no problem diggin thebolter into his ribs also piranas weaponry isn't that great against marines anyway
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread