What heavy choise do you think I shold take - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What heavy choise do you think I shold take

Not really sure if this is the right section, If not please forgive me.

So my question is what should my heavy choice be. I play DA and I only play against Tauand Nids once in a while(reason being I only play with my younger brother atm) He has told me he got more models to make a 1600pt army give or take 100.

This is my army list. It was built in armybuilder.

HQ:
    170pts Chap w/ melta bomb, mastercrafted plasma pistol, Arificer Armour

ELITES
    140pts x 3 Dreads w/CCW, storm bolter, assault cannon, extra armour, mounted in drop pods

TROOPS
    220pts x3 Tacital squad 1srg w/ master crafted plasma pistol, ccw, 1marine w/ plasma gun, 8marines with bolters

FAST
    80pts LandSpeederTornado w/ heavy bolter, and assault cannon
    Now I was thinking of droping the LST and adding a 10man assault squad and giving the chapi a jump pack. Or adding 2 more LSTs

all that comes to around 1300pts give or take. I feel I need some heavy support. Now I was thinking of going with a Dev squad with 4 plasma cannons, or should I do a predator Annihilator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

an 8-man dev squad with 4 missile launchers is 200pts exactly. they will do pretty well against tau and nids, along with every MEQ army.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

okay well, if you are shooting for 1600 for 290 you can get a PAIR or Pred Annihilators with las sponsons. Right now you are sorely lacking in antitank as currently your high strength weapon is the plasma gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get devies!
    they are really nice, 4 big cannons and every shot (apart from templates) will only kill one model insted of your entire tank.

against tau and and nids i'd say take 4 Heavy Bolters or 2 HB and 2 missle launchers.
    i wouldn't recommand mixing weapons but the blast markers should be able to nail some of you opponents troops and krak gives you chance to blast away those tau tanks

hope it helps

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

The 8 Man Dev squad is probably the best choice for three reasons. Incredibly easy to use, can take out MEQ's and can take out large mobs/broods of Orks/Tyranids with the frag missle template. This simply allows for the most manueverablitiy. Oh yeah they can bust medium armor tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put a heavy bolter in each of the tactical squads and look at the whirl wind not to great against battle suits but can reek havoc of nid troop choices and if you pair it up with another with Castellan missles you can build up a decent defense so that when he gets to you through the mine fields his gaunts have taken some serious damage oh and the ordanace cghart for tank damage is incredible!!!:yes:
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take a 8 man Dev squad with 4 missle launchers. then I'd put in a whirlwind. That adds 285 points. THe whirlwind will do great against regular troops of the tau.

The Whirl, being strength 5 and AP4 means that the average tau fire warrior will die from the huge template. Generally you can kill most if not all of a single squad with one land raider shot on the tau.

As for necrons, the whirlwind simply helps out in forcing necrons to make saves, which, lets face it, is the best way to take out a necron force.

As for the 4 rocket launchers, they rock in every situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predator Destructor (auto cannon/HBs) can be very usefull on Nids. Being able to move 6" and fire every weapon is the best. Any tanks vs. Tau is bad news.

So for the best all around heavy unit I will have to go with the other guys and vote 4 missle 8 man Dev squad. Much more survivable vs anyone, and very dangerous for things like unmodified Carnifexes and tyrant guards with 3+ saves.

Good luck,
    BoS
    Bolter Blasting Blizzard = Victory

BringerOfStormsGallery

+ Reply to Thread