BA versus DE 750pt battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA versus DE 750pt battle

I am looking for some BA help with the best possible 750pt list versus DE. I will probably have a few dumb questions so try and be nice. I played a total of 5 games last year in the 500pt range. This will be my first battle played under new rules and at 750pts. Any help with a good list versus Dark Eldar will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Without a long detailed explaination of why:

Everything but the Ravager can die to the Holy Bolter.
    High rate of fire weapons are more useful than Las or Missiles.
    The Shadow Field will fail if presented with enough multiple bolter/heavy bolter shots.
    You cannot prevail in HtH if he built a balanced list and knows how to use it.
    Dark Eldar love for you to take tanks with high AV and high point costs because thier Dark Lances and Blasters can easily take out such units.

In a low point match you are much better off with all troops so that you maximize exploiting his weakness (vulnerability to your bolters) and minimize his advantages (better hth and more models). The exception might be one LST that snipes from careful LOS and/or possibly a whirlwind that is out of los. But he's has enough units that can go 24" that there is some risk with tanking any tanks.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Medic! In the 500 Pt games I was utilizing a Chaplain w/DC for HQ and two squads of tatical marines that got me roughly 500. I haven't worked out my list as I was just going to go with reccomendations and if I didn't have it, I would buy it. When I get home from work, I will work up a 750 pt list and let everyone give it the once over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The DC is mandatory and with a Chappy makes a decent counter assault unit.

If he's smart he'll design his squads so that he can assault you on his turn but wipe you out in your turn and consolidate d6". Then it's his turn again and he gets to move 6" + fleet d6" + assault 6-12" depending on unit. So when deploying try to have 12"+ between squads and some difficult terrain between them like a river, or rubble/crater, etc. You want to force him to make difficult terrain tests in his move or assault (fleet ignores terrain). But you also need los so that you can shoot him when he doesn't make it into your next squad.

Only wytches and his one IC with a Shadow Field have Inv saves and the inv is a better save than his normal save (which is the reverse of your army inv saves, which are higher). IMHO that makes CC weapon upgrades useless, save your points.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I am at a loss of which way to go. Keep in mind I have every type of unit needed so any ideas, throw em my way.

HQ = Chaplain/Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius and jumppacks w/DC = 230 pts
    2 x (10)Tatical Squads w/Seargent = 270 pts

total = 500pts.

I am at loss as to where to go with the other 250pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would grab 2 5-man Dev squads with 3 heavy bolters each. That would cover 240 points.
    Last edited by TheAngelOfDeath; May 6th, 2006 at 04:10.

+ Reply to Thread